18th Studio Album discussion

There is a thing that Bruce has said in interviews in 2021 : that the band wanted to book another studio in 2020, but it changed its mind at the last moment, that because they have a lot of songs during the 'Senjutsu' recording sessions that they couldn't put on 'Senjutsu'. So, I'm quite sure they have some new songs ready to be recorded, but they are waiting for the right moment to go in the studio with Kevin Shirley.

Another interesting thing is that Kevin was posting on his Caveman! profile on FB some comments about the live recordings of Iron Maiden show he mixed and mastered. I'm quite sure it's his way of announcing the release of a live album from the Future Past tour.
I can feeling the same vibe, probably IM used soundtrack from Wacken with some overdubs from the another German shows. Live Album with the proper Senjutsu performances and masterpiece as AtG would be something special.

Thanks @TheMercenary !

But isn't that the same exact artwork that was used last year already? Why is this suddenly talked about as some kind of hint? I thought there'd be an edit, but from what I'm seeing it's the same artwork from 2023.

It's exactly the same artwork, the buzz is because Maiden's social media made a post saying something about the devil being in the details. Which can mean literally anything, but some people here have decided that it can only mean there's a single about Medusa coming up.

Thanks @TheMercenary !

But isn't that the same exact artwork that was used last year already? Why is this suddenly talked about as some kind of hint? I thought there'd be an edit, but from what I'm seeing it's the same artwork from 2023.
Yes, it is. I don't speculate about any new song at all, I was just explaining what could have been possible if Iron Maiden would have put out a new song on the Future Past tour... Yes, the Eddies on the shields are the same as the one we could find on the picture below. That's just this sentence from Maiden staff that is a little bit strange "The Devil's in the detail".

3-77.jpg

There is the wikipedia definition about this expression :

"The devil is in the details" is an idiom alluding to a catch or mysterious element hidden in the detail : it indicates that "something may seem simple, but in fact the details are complicated and likely to cause problems". It comes from the earlier phrase "God is in the details", expressing the idea that whatever one does should be done thoroughly; that is, details are important."

It can mean nothing, of course. Which I believe, because we had some clear declarations from Steve Harris (Eddie XTrunk interview) on early March and a sentence from Bruce in the booklet of his solo album 'The Mandrake Project' ("retirement sucks").

But, with Maiden everything is possible. And I let this possibility being a possibility. Remember what happened in June 2021. Some hints here and there appeared. This time it's different, because between Bruce's shows and Nicko recovering and Adrian recording a new album with Kotzen, there was no window opened for the band to record a new album. Until early next year. Or early 2026.

Nevertheless, I believe there will be an announcement soon about the release of a new live album from last year's Future Past tour. It seems more probable. ;)

I just hope the inevitable live album will sound better than Live Chapter and NOTD. It would be so bittersweet to finally get official live releases for songs like CSIT, SIASL and especially ATH only for them to end up sounding abysmal; not because of the performances but because of the production.

I just hope the inevitable live album will sound better than Live Chapter and NOTD. It would be so bittersweet to finally get official live releases for songs like CSIT, SIASL and especially ATH only for them to end up sounding abysmal; not because of the performances but because of the production.

I felt they pushed the boat out with En Vivo and Flight 666... and then got lazy with the last two.

Agreed, but at least Live Chapter sounds very good for the most part. NOTD does not sound good in many places.

What I suspect is that the live album / DVD package forced them to put alot of attention into the whole thing. Rock in Rio onwards, DotR, 666 and En Vivo. And then, by Live Chapter -- the first with no DVD -- it became easier to pay less attention and chuck out the CD + vinyl.

I hope that Kevin posting about the Maiden live albums is a hint that he'll be mixing the new one. Though I'd be happy with Pooch doing it too. As long as it isn't Newton.

I think the talk of the ATG artwork being a new album/song hint is still a bit of a stretch. But interesting speculation nonetheless.

If we're going full-on wild speculation and live DVD package with a proper edit and Shirley mix, what are the odds the rumored documentary is also either included or at the very least officially announced and slated for release around the same time? It would make for a more interesting package for the band and management considering it's obvious somebody's decided there's no money in plain live DVDs anymore.

I hope that Kevin posting about the Maiden live albums is a hint that he'll be mixing the new one. Though I'd be happy with Pooch doing it too. As long as it isn't Newton.

I think the talk of the ATG artwork being a new album/song hint is still a bit of a stretch. But interesting speculation nonetheless.
They did a similar thing with TWOTW on the LOTB (2 mins to midnight) cover

But he posted other bands albums live too, so it’s not connected with new Maiden live

What did Kevin post?

WOTW was on a poster included in an official release, where this is just a social media post
In a way this art is also official for ATG. Besides, I feel the means don’t matter as long as the message you’re trying to send is being sent

That was strictly due to not being able to tour due to Covid and should not be viewed as the "norm" for Maiden Operations.
Not true. Maiden had planned the 3rd leg in 2020 (in the different countries than the previous two legs, maybe with the new single played then) and after it they would have released it in September with a tour in the following year (like they did for TBOS). Someone from the band said this, iirc.
They did a similar thing with TWOTW on the LOTB (2 mins to midnight) cover... / In a way this art is also official for ATG.
WOTW was on a poster included in an official release, where this is just a social media post
Both true.
But, Caveman! (Kevin Shirley) has also posted something about the fact that he had 8 releases coming next months. I'm quite sure there is one Iron Maiden live record in the list.
After the latest live releases, I kind of doubt they will work with Kevin again for the live stuff, unfortunately.

After the latest live releases, I kind of doubt they will work with Kevin again for the live stuff, unfortunately.
Do you remember the interview in Classic Rock UK or Metal Hammer UK in march, when Bruce said the journalist that Maiden will have a meeting with Kevin Shirley in Sydney on early september of this year ? It's not only to see Maiden playing in Australia, it's also to talk about the business. Maybe about next year celebrations or, the most probable, about live recording of the Future Past tour in London or Wacken last year that Kevin Shirley has surely mixed and mastered. ;)

Back