• Germany
  • Hungary
  • Italy
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
EU+CHF = Maidenland ;) Speaking of the other Maidenland, when are South American charts coming out (if there are any)?

20,700 in France big increase on FF which did 13,800. Think number 6 in UK through Tuesday was number 8 after Sunday, Slayer has gone down to number 8 from 6. May struggle to do 12K in UK, in US may struggle to do 10K.

Iron Maiden debuts at No. 2 on Billboard’s Top Rock Albums chart (dated Sept. 26) with The Book of Souls, notching its best sales week, 74,000 copies sold, since Nielsen Music began tracking sales in 1991.

The influential metal band's 16th studio album, dating to its 1975 formation, matches the peak of its previous studio set, 2010's The Final Frontier, on both Top Rock Albums and the Billboard 200 (No. 4). The band also bows on the Billboard Artist 100 at No. 10.

Notably, The Book of Souls is Iron Maiden's sixth straight studio album to arrive with a higher first-week sales sum than its predecessor, reflecting impressive growth of the band's fanbase so deep into its career, especially as album sales continue to decline overall. The group's steady climb started with 1998's Virtual XI(10,000 first-week copies sold, up from the 6,000 of 1995's X Factor) and continued with 2000's Brave New World (38,000), 2003's Dance of Death(40,000), 2006's A Matter of Life and Death (56,000), The Final Frontier (63,000) and now The Book of Souls.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6700340/iron-maiden-best-sales-week-ever

According to IronMaiden.com:

All chart positions received to date are as follows:

No. 1 – Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil ( :clap:), Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK

No. 2 – Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Poland

No. 3 – Turkey

No. 4 – South Africa, USA

http://ironmaiden.com/global-chart-domination-for-the-book-of-souls.html

ONLY in terms of number of coutries where it reached #1, The Final Frontier seems to be a bigger success. Not that i care too much about it, but i must admit i got a bit disappointed when i noticed :S

UKmix has BoS as having 9,200 in Australia, 50,000 in Germany (big increase on FF) and 12,000 in Italy (good enough for number 1 with Eye-ties).

Think still number 6 in UK. Hitsdailydouble last week had Maiden at about 69K, Billboard reported 74K. At the moment with 1 days sales to be counted Hits has BoS at 17K+, be interesting to see Billboard's numbers.

I think I I did. Day one I bought 2 deluxe, 1 to open the other to collect. Just today I received my 3 LP set in the mail from the UK. Best Buy is totally wiped out of LPs in my area and its on back order on their website.

I think we all did a damn good job!
Tf3X7jf.jpg

Confirmed Number 6 in UK, 11,470 sales, total now just under 72K, but over 80% fall after first week.

In United States Hitsdailydouble have it at Number 9, sales of 22,143, a 68% fall. Last week Hits sales figures were 4K less than Billboard reported final figures, be interesting to see what difference there is this week. Metal 1 and 2 on chart Bring Me The Horizon and Slayer, with 20K less than Maiden had last week, the world isn't fair!

About 315K first week worldwide, would think second week would be around 100K. If it gets to 650K by Christmas would be good.
First week :U.S+U.K+France+Germany+Australia = 215k. I really doubt that TBOS sold just 100k in the rest of the world that includes some maiden strongholds like Scandinavia and South America . You underestimate Maiden's worldwide appeal .

The 310K figure is quoted from Mediatraffic.de who compile a world music chart of major countries. It probably does not include Colombia, and smaller countries so yes those numbers could be higher but probably not by that much. Scandanavian's stream now, don't buy Physical music.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

new.JPG
Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
Sanctuary / Parlophone - 310.000 - 1 week at No.1 - Hot Shot Debut

Number 10 in US sales second week on Billboard not sure how that works out as sales yet, around 20K i think.

The 310K figure is quoted from Mediatraffic.de who compile a world music chart of major countries. It probably does not include Colombia, and smaller countries so yes those numbers could be higher but probably not by that much. Scandanavian's stream now, don't buy Physical music.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

new.JPG
Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
Sanctuary / Parlophone - 310.000 - 1 week at No.1 - Hot Shot Debut

Number 10 in US sales second week on Billboard not sure how that works out as sales yet, around 20K i think.
I don't trust that site . It seems like VGChartz to me . Again no way they sold 100k in the rest of the world . There's so many countries (some of them big like Spain and Italy) where TBOS did good . That's 100k in around ...what 50 countries , at the very least ?

Back