#1 Record? Did you do your duty?

5 Finger did 109K in US, 41K better than Maiden. In Europe Maiden easily outsold 5 Finger, Number 1 in Germany against Number 5. In UK 60K against 9K. Maiden should do about 325-350K first week, Number 1 on the world chart. Up The Irons.

Maiden Number 2 in Australia, against 5 Finger Number 3. Number 1 is a local Australian singer, new entry.
Well, that sucks tons about the USA, but since FF gets radio play here and Maiden doesn't, I expected this outcome. It will be great to see them be number 1 on the world chart though.

If Motorhead can do Number 1 in Germany, times their number by 3 or 4 for Maiden, German number 1 for Lemmy likely to have been about 12-15K. Motorhead did nearly 8K in UK, Maiden 60K, in US "head 11K, Maiden 68K. In Holland Maiden sold more than double album in second.

Hopefully more sales numbers in coming days. Important not to confuse sales with shipments. Sales of BoS in first week worldwide likely to be in 325-350K range, shipments to shops 800k.

Helene Fischer in Germany, Austria and Switzerland is beyond popular her latest album in those 3 countries has done 4.5 million. Like a German (though born in Russia) Celine Dion.

Cro chart still not published, but LAD is currently at #16 and latest best of (From here to eternity) is at #17.

Finally did my duty today. Book of Souls was sold out in any store I went up until today, and it was listed as the best seller of the week in the store I bought it from today. Turkey doesn't have an official weekly album chart but Book of Souls is currently ranked 2nd in the iTunes most downloaded list in Turkey.

I'm really curious about the U.S. chart, Maiden are still nowhere to be found on the charts. I expect Top 5.

There are no stores near me that had it so I got it from Amazon. It was such a nice feeling to hold a new Maiden album in my hands for the first time in years. And then the thrill of listening to it for the first time, soaking in all the new masterpieces, and enjoying the artwork- so incredible!

Billboard has just reported that BoS did 74K in pure album sales in the US. They have slightly different methodology than Hitsdailydouble, though don't know what that is.

"Veteran rock band Iron Maiden debuts at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 with their new studio effort The Book of Souls (75,000 units). That equals their highest rank ever, first achieved in 2010 with The Final Frontier’s debut and peak at No. 4.

The new album also debuts with 74,000 albums sold, which is the group’s best sales week since Nielsen Music started tracking sales in 1991."

Up the Irons!

I am only was good as the info posted on Billboard or Hitsdailydouble, they have different methodologies for calculating sales. Hits reports earlier, updating most days of the week. Billboard said last Wednesday that BoS would do 65K, then eventually reported 74K. Clip Billboard on the ear, I say!

It's all good Edward. And just to show how much popularity Maiden has gained since The X Factor.

From: http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-weeknd-second-week-no-1-billboard-200-albums
The Book of Souls is the sixth straight Iron Maiden studio album to show debut week sales growth. Their steady climb started with 1998’s Virtual XI (10,000 sales debut, up from the 6,000 of 1995’s X Factor) and then continued on with 2000’s Brave New World (38,000), 2003’s Dance of Death (40,000), 2006’s A Matter of Life and Death (56,000), 2010’s The Final Frontier (63,000) and now its new album.

It's so nice to see IM breaking the trend of reduced album sales each year . They have built a fanbase through hard work (touring) and good albums, just like in the eighties , with no help from mainstream media , well except for lady gaga's comments !!

#1 in Norway, Iron Maiden even beats A-ha's comeback album by landslide said a headline in one of the biggest newspapers here:bigsmile:

I didn't realise Alan Partridge was such a big deal in Norway:)
Only joking. A-Ha had a couple of massive hits in the 80s. Take On Me for example.
Is it sad that I actually know that.

Back