#1 Record? Did you do your duty?

My vinyl copy didn't arrive today. Hopefully tomorrow. Cant wait to spin this one.

Making do listening to Powerslave & Piece of Mind on my turntable tonight...

I bought my limited edition from Amazon. Right now the tracking shows waiting for customs clearance. The wait is killing me

56.9K in UK, added 2.3K on Wednesday, will be Number 1, number 2 has less than 24K. Needs 3.1K on Thursday to make the magical 60K. Whatever happens been a brilliant effort in UK.

Maiden closed to within 5K of Number 3 in US, have 58K in sales, with 1 day left. Last week Motorhead entered the chart at Number 16, but on the sales update from Wednesday weren't on the Top 50, so i think a lot depends on how well Maiden do with independent retailers. Motorhead would have added 8-10K on the last day, so if Maiden did better than that may just squeak Number 3. Same logic applies to 5 Finger Death Punch they should add 15K or so. Maiden would be expected to better in physical CD"s / vinyl rather than from iTunes.

Final reporting day for sales is Thursday, Hitsdailydouble reports figures Friday, Billboard start of next week, HDD usually about 97% the same as Billboard, different methodologies for calculating sales.

UK, Germany, Australia etc usually report sales Friday, Canada next week.

So, about the same as TFF then? I'm a bit surprised since they've gone up by quite a bit on every album and I thought Bruce's cancer scare would help sales as well.

In UK sales have slowed considerably Tuesday / Wednesday, might be why sales forecast for US has slipped a touch as Maiden sales very frontloaded to doing well on first weekend. Whatever, 5 years since FF, for Maiden to do these numbers is brilliant.

Been 5 years since TFF and looking at the state of the music industry since then I think it's rather good sales?

How exactly? I don't understand this reasoning. This ain't a charity album.
I thought it might cause people who liked Maiden but who also weren't paying much attention to them to take more notice and discover they had a new album coming out and would get them interested again. If Maiden plays 10 arenas here and those draw at least 10,000 each, that's at least 100,000 people alone, but I don't know how well their shows draw here.

Also, AC/DC's Rock Or Bust sold a lot less copies than Black Ice so ya, it is quite good for Maiden to do the same. Five Finger's last album sold pretty good: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fi...-of-heaven-volume-2-enters-u-s-chart-at-no-2/ But they also get a lot of radio play.

Beat to Number 1 in NZ by Cilla Black! OMG! Lotta chart positions and sales today, Number 1 in UK (59K) and 4 in US (65K). Hopefully Number 1 in Australia and Germany.

Enjoy.

Been 5 years since TFF and looking at the state of the music industry since then I think it's rather good sales?

How exactly? I don't understand this reasoning. This ain't a charity album.
You know how it is with artists that died? It's similar situation probably for some people. Also many people thank to publicity about his cancer were introduced to band, others understood that this could be their last album in that situation.

Back