#1 Record? Did you do your duty?

#1 in Germany
#1 in Netherlands
#1 in Belgium (Flanders)
#2 in Belgium (Wallonia)
Number 1 in the Netherlands??? That could be a first.

edit:
Yes! Cool. And indeed, it is the first time ever.

These had a second place:
Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Final Frontier.

#1 in Netherlands
#1 in Belgium (Flanders)

#2 in Belgium (Wallonia)
+
#2 in France
Those Frenchies... tsk, tsk.

Last edited:
It's still not listed on Croatian charts. I expect #1, both AMOLAD and TFF were.
I bought a standard CD but will definitely get a book edition soon, they went out of the stock on day 1 and then again few days after.

Yes. Bought the book edition at Best Buy day of release.

Worth every penny if only for Empire of the Clouds.

US and UK post sales figures, Germany does not post specific sales figures unless the music company decides to give general figure! Don't ask me why.

US sales are about 5K higher than Final Frontier, in modern market huge success. UK numbers of 60K are phenomenal. In UK BoS sold 4,262 copies on vinyl, recording the 10th highest sale weekly for the format this century! CD : 48,022, Digital : 7,490, Vinyl : 4,262, Streaming : 475. Certified silver (60K sales), only 40K short of gold status in UK.

Early next week a world album chart will be issued by Media Traffic based on sales from all major markets, Maiden should make number 1 on that.

5 Finger did 109K in US, 41K better than Maiden. In Europe Maiden easily outsold 5 Finger, Number 1 in Germany against Number 5. In UK 60K against 9K. Maiden should do about 325-350K first week, Number 1 on the world chart. Up The Irons.

Maiden Number 2 in Australia, against 5 Finger Number 3. Number 1 is a local Australian singer, new entry.

A band of Maidens age, this is exceptional. Look at where Thirteen by black San charted, or Motorheads new stuff, or redeemer of souls. Maiden always pull it or of the bag.

Actually Redeemer of Souls broke their own records in most countries and well im not too sure about Motorhead Bad Magic was the highest UK ranking in 33 years

Last edited:
Actually Redeemer of Souls broke there own records in most countries and well im not too sure about Motorhead Bad Magic was the highest UK ranking in 33 years
Bad Magic charted at #1 in Germany last week and dipped to #6 this week i think.

So it's not just Maiden then it's really the whole genre of Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, it's probably because fans of said genres are more willing to buy both Digital and Physical copies than other genres which pushes sales up rather than it being a renaissance

So it's not just Maiden then it's really the whole genre of Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, it's probably because fans of said genres are more willing to buy both Digital and Physical copies than other genres which pushes sales up rather than it being a renaissance
Not really, Pop is still the #1 here... (or elsewhere)

Helene Fischer's Album is 37 Weeks in and has been on the pole position for 29 of them. :puke:

@FTB

Yeah, i'm not saying that its all changed but Bands like Maiden, Priest, Motorhead & Saxon are charting higher than ever all across the world 30-40 years into their career, and its not just the old guys. Billboard 200 have alot of Sludge & Black metal enter the charts. Finland and Greece have crazy obscure bands enter the charts constantly so i wouldn't be surprised if it happens more globally in the next 10 years

Back