Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Maiden has basically been using the same chord and melody patterns on the majority of their songs since the age of the dinosaurs:)
Can't argue with that. :) However Futureal is right there in you face Steve Harris.

Well, there's not terribly much substance to the interview that we haven't had in the ones already published. Here's what I think is new and goes beyond "why are Maiden still successful?":

Bruce thinks the video to "Deutschland" by Rammstein is a masterpiece and he compared WOTW with it in the sense that it's an unusual step for the band and he hopes it will have a similar impact, but he does not say there are any stylistic parallels.

WOTW is animated because that was the only feasible option in the pandemic. In principle he would have had a live action telling of the story too. The biker part is inspired by Sons of Anarchy which he binged during the lockdown.

He says WOTW does not compare stylistically to the rest of the album.

They recorded a song whenever it was written, they didn't record the whole album in one go.

WOTW is about how we are dealing with the post-war prosperity and where humanity I'd headed now.

Senjutsu is about a wall and Bruce thinks Steve watched too much Game of Thrones.

Days of Future Past is based on the film Constsntine starring Keanu Reeves.

He thinks Maiden could make it as long as the Rolling Stones.

Bruce says he gets inspired by folky stuff like Jethro Tull, Blackmore's Night, but also early Hawkwind and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. He doesn't have much use for proggy bands like Yes whis Steve is into.

Darkest Hour is about Winston Churchill and how he saved the world despite being a flawed man.

He stands by his decision to vote for Brexit.

Ed Force One is history. The plane broke, it was a hassle to have around and it's bad for the environment.

He loves Trooper, especially the original and Sun & Steel.

Did I muss something important, @FTB?

Any spelling errors or words that don't fit are thanks to the AutoKaputt on my Dumbphone.

Well, there's not terribly much substance to the interview that we haven't had in the ones already published. Here's what I think is new and goes beyond "why are Maiden still successful?":

Bruce thinks the video to "Deutschland" by Rammstein is a masterpiece and he compared WOTW with it in the sense that it's an unusual step for the band and he hopes it will have a similar impact, but he does not say there are any stylistic parallels.

WOTW is animated because that was the only feasible option in the pandemic. In principle he would have had a live action telling of the story too. The biker part is inspired by Sons of Anarchy which he binged during the lockdown.

He says WOTW does not compare stylistically to the rest of the album.

They recorded a song whenever it was written, they didn't record the whole album in one go.

WOTW is about how we are dealing with the post-war prosperity and where humanity I'd headed now.

Senjutsu is about a wall and Bruce thinks Steve watched too much Game of Thrones.

Days of Future Past is based on the film Constsntine starring Keanu Reeves.

He thinks Maiden could make it as long as the Rolling Stones.

Bruce says he gets inspired by folky stuff like Jethro Tull, Blackmore's Night, but also early Hawkwind and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. He doesn't have much use for proggy bands like Yes whis Steve is into.

Darkest Hour is about Winston Churchill and how he saved the world despite being a flawed man.

He stands by his decision to vote for Brexit.

Ed Force One is history. The plane broke, it was a hassle to have around and it's bad for the environment.

He loves Trooper, especially the original and Sun & Steel.

Did I muss something important, @FTB?

Any spelling errors or words that don't fit are thanks to the AutoKaputt on my Dumbphone.
i actually didn't read the interview at all, i just startet straight translation of the album review. checking later

Super excited by this review. From the writing it seems that the writer had a very neutral and balanced perspective before getting into the album. I like that he went into it worrying about 40% of the material written by Steve and also worrying about the long songs and STILL came out of it happy and impressed. This seems like a really strong album where Writing on the wall is one of the weaker songs along with may be Lost in a lost world. Since I absolutely love The Writing on the Wall, it would leave just one potentially weak song on the entire album. I am happy to settle for those odds any day. Can't fucking wait!!!!

Review 1 of 2 part 2

>Days of future Past< with a play time of 4 minutes is the shortest song on Senjutsu. A typical Smith Guitar sound with a chorus with could also be found on Brave New World. Strong Song !

>The Time Machine< has a lot going on. Countless Guitar form basically an Orchestra. Some parts of it remind a lot of Dance of Death !

>Darkest Hour< 7 Minutes belong to Dickinson / Smith. Cries of Gulls and the sound of the Sea in the beginning set the tone to a crushing rhythm section with amazing guitar solos. Might even fit on a solo record of Mr. Dickinson.

>Death of the Celts<. Folklore Beginning with a few breaks in between. After 4 minutes you might want to show them the right way to pick up the pace a bit. But when it does, it's great. Kind of Blaze era maiden along the likes of Clansman, Sign of the Cross, Fortunes of War and The Educated Fool.

>The Parchment< Wait, is this Rainbow? You could mistake the early Stages of the song for it, but in the last quarter of the song, it speeds up and the energy level rises. Solo Battles all along.

>Hell on Earth< As fun as The Parchment might be, Hell on Earth feels like absolution and being taken to heavenly gates. Blaze Era vibes all along. Dramatic turn of events and amazing melodies of every member of the band. Enormous! A shining Moment in Maidens Catalog.

Review 1 of 2 part 2

>Days of future Past< with a play time of 4 minutes is the shortest song on Senjutsu. A typical Smith Guitar sound with a chorus with could also be found on Brave New World. Strong Song !

>Hell on Earth< As fun as The Parchment might be, Hell on Earth feels like absolution and being taken to heavenly gates. Blaze Era vibes all along. Dramatic turn of events and amazing melodies of every member of the band. Enormous! A shining Moment in Maidens Catalog.

>Death of the Celts<. Folklore Beginning with a few breaks in between. After 4 minutes you might want to show them the right way to pick up the pace a bit. But when it does, it's great. Kind of Blaze era maiden along the likes of Clansman, Sign of the Cross, Fortunes of War and The Educated Fool

These two EDIT three sentences are as close to the worse thing that can happen to me :)

Back