Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont understand how Legacy of the Beast rumour still stands. Someone posted an (obviously fake) picture from the Maiden website like 6 months ago and people still talk about as if it is a 'well sourced' rumour.
Because it makes sense. We got the game, they are releasing comics and promoting all of that with a tour makes sense.

Because it makes sense. We got the game, they are releasing comics and promoting all of that with a tour makes sense.
It also makes sense to record a new album and tour behind it. My point was that Legacy of the Beast tour is as likely as a Iron Maiden The X Factour 22 year Anniversary tour, because its based on a fake post :)

It also makes sense to record a new album and tour behind it. My point was that Legacy of the Beast tour is as likely as a Iron Maiden The X Factour 22 year Anniversary tour, because its based on a fake post :)
It is not. People had been speculating on a Legacy Tour months before the post you refer to. Legacy tour makes sense. So does a new album. Its all speculation. And most people here speculate that there will be a summer 'best of' tour using the Legacy branding.

Pretty sure that the surprise he was talking about, is a tour and the upcoming live album (the interview was done before the announcement of a live album). Maybe they will return to the studio sometime next year, but I'm not surprised if we get a new studio album august/september 2019

Oooooohhhh man :( , If a tour is a surprise ? But if the tour is with Judas Prieast , that's definitely a BIG surprise :) And also, I don't think that a live album can be a surprise since Maiden has a lot of live albums and I personally think it is a normal thing to do after a tour - to release live album and DVD , which they don't do it with this one , another surprise for me :cool: and for me , Maiden has to release a live album and DVD from every tour after Bruce and Adrian return :clap:

I think new studio album will be released august/september 2018 or early 2019 - and between that a summer Legacy of the Beast 2018 tour with greatest hits is very very possible and I like it . They have, ok not whole, but almost whole 2018 year to record and write the album - and maybe they start writing now , after The Book of Souls tour is over :) So , 4/5 months of 2017 and a lot more of 2018 is enaf time for them ! I'm sure that they are full of ideas , like Steve said in some interview at the start of the US tour 2017 , so that's a good thing :yey:

Last edited:
If it is a legacy of the Beast tour unfortunately the set its gonna contain all the usual fillers from TBOS and recent history tours. Trooper, Notb, Wrathchild, FOTD, 2m2m, phantom, Revelations, wasted years, rtth, aces high, iron maiden zzzzz. If the return of hallowed is the surprise.... Wow. So underwhelming! May as well throw sanctuary and running free in and we've just about picked the set list. Need a couple more. Ok evil and madness

They have to be more adventurous with the setlist now. They have to play more ''rarely'' played songs (the whole Somewhere In Time album :eek:) , because they don't get any younger :)

I think Legacy Of The Beast 2018 summer European tour is a fact and no longer a speculation. It won't be a stadium tour (as said on the fake page), but it will be a classic Maiden arena/festival summer tour. Before that, Maiden will be in a studio to record a new album (basically confirmed by Kevin Shirley in the Trunk interview) It's possible that one of the new songs will be performed on the LOTB tour as was El Dorado and Wildest Dreams. That are the plans next year and beyond I believe.

I would really like to see The Phantom Of The Opera making a return on their setlist, along with them playing Alexander The Great for the first time live. Also pretty much anything they play from Somewhere In Time would be awesome

Alexander The Great - what a masterpiece !!! I think that they will probably play it live , when they do a farewell tour I hope I'm not wrong :)
Also, Phantom of the Opera has been played a lot in recent years , although , Bruce said in 2005 that they'll play it for the last time , but in 2009 and 2012-2014 has been played again. Don't get me wrong it is one of their bests , but I really hope from the 1st album to be played one of my all time favorite songs from them -> Prowler - a classic opener !

Yeah , SIT album should be played more more often live , but fo me the albums from the 90's have to be played more often - No Prayer , Fear - they have some really classics for the band , and the 2 albums with Blaze - it is such a shame that the last time they play song live from this albums is on the Dance of Death tour 2003/2004 ! I really like these 2 albums - it contains the best guitar melodies of all Maiden albums :yes:

Last edited:
I think Legacy Of The Beast 2018 summer European tour is a fact and no longer a speculation. It won't be a stadium tour (as said on the fake page), but it will be a classic Maiden arena/festival summer tour. Before that, Maiden will be in a studio to record a new album (basically confirmed by Kevin Shirley in the Trunk interview) It's possible that one of the new songs will be performed on the LOTB tour as was El Dorado and Wildest Dreams. That are the plans next year and beyond I believe.

I really hope to happen what you said :)

Last edited:

You're literally speculating and not stating facts.

I have no reason to bet against any of this speculation (or insider knowledge), I was merely pointing out to Fekso that the chat was not based solely on the tour poster we saw a while ago.
Hellfest tickets go on sale on Friday so I assume the line up will be announced between now and Friday. I speculate that we could have solid facts soon enough, possibly.

You're literally speculating and not stating facts.

I believe that they will be recording a new album somewhere between now and next spring based on the Kevin Shirley's statement that he will be doing some studio work for Maiden in the future. I really doubt that they would book him more than a year in advance. LOTB tour is a logical thing for Maiden to do between recording and releasing the new album, since they want to play live every summer. They did that with GMETID tour and TFF tour, the 2010 leg. The 2010 TFF leg got mixed reception, because there was only 1 new track and mostly reunion era, so it's better to call this tour something else: LOTB tour.

Since Maiden have done this twice before and they always tend to go on 2-4 month long summer tours before releasing an album (Ed Hunter tour, GMETID tour, Early Days, 2010 TFF), I believe that the rumours about the tour are true, but the page that was posted a few months ago is definitely fake.

For the Legacy of the Beast 2018 hits tour , I want to hear setlist something like this:

1.The Wicker Man
2.Prowler
3.The Trooper
4.Wasting Love
5.Rainmaker
6.2 Minutes to Midnight
7.Brave New World
8.No Prayer for the Dying ( Tailgunner/Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter/Mother Russia)
9.Flight of Icarus
10.Caught Somewhere in Time
11.22 Acacia Avenue (The Evil That Men Do)
12.Hallowed Be Thy Name (if the lawsuit is resolved) / Run to the Hills
13.Fear of the Dark
14.Iron Maiden (because is on every setlist)
Encore:
15.The Number of the Beast
16.Judas Be My Guide
17.Alexander the Great

If the setlist has to be 20 songs, I'll put:

18.Stranger in a Strange Land
19.Futureal or The Clansman
20.No More Lies

Other songs that I want to hear are:

- Out of the Silent Planet
- Judgement of Heaven (I like that song a lot)
- To Tame a Land
- Be Quick or Be Dead
- Only the Good Die Young (that's a real masterpiece to finish the album)
- Deja-Vu
- Childhood's End

I think that is very good setlist and very ''fresh'' for the band ! I hope you like it guys. :)

Last edited:
More or less I really don't care what they will be playing, but I would love to hear To Tame A Land, Stranger in a Strange Land and Only the Good Die Young.
Keep on dreaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back