USA Politics

... And Tucker will be interviewing Putin. I bet he will subtly, or not so subtly, be playing the narrative that the war would not have happened with Trump, or have Putin corroborate that Trump and he indeed would have no problem resolving the war quickly.

This will essentially be a Trump campaign effort.

Last edited:
I don’t know. Tucker is a nut job, but I think he was pretty damn over Trumps bullshit even before he was shitcanned.
He's full on the Trump train again. Full on, and has been for quite some time now. He's pining to be his VP - once the rumor started that Trump was considering him a few months back, he shifted the pro-trump gear up a couple of notches too.

Tucker won't be VP.

I do expect the Putin interview to be pure propaganda.

So, does the report from the special counsel which cites Biden's inability to remember basic things like when he served as Vice President and when his son died change the texture of the debate about his age and ability, or is Biden's mental feebleness already baked into the cake electorally? I could see this stark judgment from a theoretically unbiased third party (albeit a Trump-appointed official) affecting some swing voters who are on the fence, or potentially helping to depress turnout that might have voted for Biden, though we're still 9 months away from Election Day. Also, Biden mixing up Egypt and Mexico in the same press conference where he was trying to show how vigorous and on the ball he was really showed the sad state of affairs for him at the moment. And things are only going to get worse on this front, not better.

I really wish the Democrats would wake the fuck up and nominate someone else. Super Tuesday hasn't happened yet, so there's still time. Marianne Williamson is thankfully out now, so Dean Phillips is the only alternative left outside of a brokered convention. I unfortunately don't expect people to make the right choice here, but at least the possibility still exists...

If there is anybody that could do it, it would be Newsom. He has the charisma and his ability to communicate is excellent. This is more important than policy nowadays so.

If there is anybody that could do it, it would be Newsom. He has the charisma and his ability to communicate is excellent.
...except Newsom missed almost all of the primary filing deadlines, so the only way he could be the nominee is if Biden explicitly drops out and either frees his delegates or throws them to Newsom.

If Biden doesn't drop out, Phillips is the only person still in the race registered in enough primaries to be able to beat him.

...except Newsom missed almost all of the primary filing deadlines, so the only way he could be the nominee is if Biden explicitly drops out and either frees his delegates or throws them to Newsom.

If Biden doesn't drop out, Phillips is the only person still in the race registered in enough primaries to be able to beat him.
That would probably be what would happen, but they'd go with Harris I guess.

I'm not gonna say there's nothing there, but Garland appointed a special counsel when he didn't have to, picked a Trump appointee, and that guy wrote something that is not in the usual style of the DoJ. Apparently Biden didn't record his meetings on his own end, which seems dumb as fuck.

All this talk about someone other than Biden being the democratic nominee reminds me of the “here’s how Bernie can still win” meme from 2016. It’s not going to happen. Even if he’s taken out of the race due to his health, the Biden campaign would just become the Harris campaign.

Anyway, the only good thing about this report is that it came out now and not in October. There are questionable things about it, but it’s not hard to believe the report. I watched Biden’s press conference last night and he does come off as if he’s declined over the last four years. It’s hard to imagine him doing this for another term. I guess he needs to hope that Trump keeps mistaking him for Obama or making similar gaffes that show that Biden isn’t the only one having mental decline.

Imagine if this had been a report on Trump. He would have gone beyond mental at the press conference. Did anybody say "ELECTION INTERFERENCE!"?

At last we agree on something. Still there’s time, let’s hope they will.

But between Biden and Trump I’m choosing Trump.
I wouldn't. I would pick a rock or a stick with Democrat, or pre-MAGA GOP policies over Trump. This is far, far bigger than the candidate. It's a matter of democracy or dictatorship, just as Liz Cheney said "we can survive bad policy. Our democracy cannot survive a second Trump administration".

I know. The difference is that unlike you, I believe that Biden facilitated the war in Ukraine in a way that Trump would never do, plus all the other fuck ups in the Middle East, Palestine, Red Sea, soon Iran. I don’t even mention BRICS rising, Iran -Saudi rapprochement etc as it’s sort of America’s choice and primary interest to fuck up or not.
But the world peace is very much my concern and Trump’s record there was better it’s not even close.

US is a world leader, whatever happens on each president’s watch they’ll take a praise or a blame. And rightfully so.

I know. The difference is that unlike you, I believe that Biden facilitated the war in Ukraine in a way that Trump would never do, plus all the other fuck ups in the Middle East, Palestine, Red Sea, soon Iran. I don’t even mention BRICS rising, Iran -Saudi rapprochement etc as it’s sort of America’s choice and primary interest to fuck up or not.
But the world peace is very much my concern and Trump’s record there was better it’s not even close.

US is a world leader, whatever happens on each president’s watch they’ll take a praise or a blame. And rightfully so.
You are sorely misguided if you think Trump is a better candidate than literally anyone else. I'm not fond of Biden, but I'd much rather have an ineffectual president over an actively destructive one.

Back