Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

My Maiden opinions tend to be outliers. My favorite reunion era album is The Final Frontier, and my favorite 90s album is Fear of the Dark. (I love the proginess and experimentation of The Final Frontier.)

Senjutsu is very good, about on par with The Book of Souls. (There are no bad Maiden albums.) My favorite Senjutsu song is Lost in a Lost World.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s time to revisit all the "reunion" albums. At the moment I would rank them like this

1. A Matter of Life and Death. My all time favourite album.
2. Brave New World
3. Senjutsu
4. Dance of Death
5. The Book of Souls
6. The Final Frontier

Since we’re doing this, my reunion order is as follows:
1.) Brave New World
2.) Senjutsu
3.) A Matter of Life & Death
4.) Dance of Death
5.) The Book of Souls
6.) The Final Frontier

I've been on a huge Maiden kick as of late, primarily the reunion era material. This ranking is probably in line with the last time I did this, but as of Jan 2024 my ranking would be -

1. A Matter of Life and Death
2. Senjutsu
3. The Book of Souls
4. Dance of Death
5. Brave New World
6. The Final Frontier

Okay I really feel Senjutsu title track really doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves. Like it’s so different from what they’ve done before. Reminds me of Home by Dream Theater. Arry once himself likened Maiden to Dream Theater of the 70s & can clearly see the level of prog they’re adding in their tracks.

Okay I really feel Senjutsu title track really doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves. Like it’s so different from what they’ve done before. Reminds me of Home by Dream Theater. Arry once himself likened Maiden to Dream Theater of the 70s & can clearly see the level of prog they’re adding in their tracks.
I agree. I love the title track, its mesmerizing

+1. :)

It's a great song. Very heavy, very dark, very melodic yet. Some people say that it's a Tool-like track, but I don't agree with that. It's not about external influences, but more about personal feelings of the two writers. But, I must admit there are some similarities with Les Tambours Du Bronx rhythmically speaking.

Musically, it could have been a Nightwish track (very "The Islander"-like song) if some orchestrations have been added.

Back