IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

I hoped Face in the Sand would make it, it has become my favourite song from DoD. Awesome stuff. Lord of Light is my second favourite Iron Maiden song, and surely it has better chances?
I'm happy to hear that about Face In The Sand. Lord Of The Light is another great song.

Voted for Only The Good Die Young, The Wicker Man, Out Of The Silent Plan, The Pilgrim and The Legacy.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 21:
The Pilgrim - 18 votes
Out Of The Shadows - 17 votes
Different World - 16 votes
Out Of The Silent Planet - 15 votes
These Colours Don't Run - 15 votes

7 votes allowed.

• Angry
Reactions: Jer
Leftovers from last round:
  • Ghost Of The Navigator
  • Blood Brothers
  • Lord Of Light
  • The Legacy

How long on this longest day
Till we finally boot OTGDY?

Eliminated after Round 21:
The Pilgrim - 18 votes
Out Of The Shadows - 17 votes
Different World - 16 votes
Out Of The Silent Planet - 15 votes
Out Of The Silent Planet is out of the game! SHAME. A lost classic. Top 10 song for me. At least 4 classics from the album are still in the game.
Pilgrim is underrated, Different World is one of the band's catchiest and great short songs and Out Of The Shadows is a very good song, but I guess the overall strong material on the album is difficult to beat.

I voted for:

Infinite Dreams
The Longest Day
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

Longest Day only because the pre-chorus is much more effective and better than the actual chorus, which I like though.

100% agree about OOTSP and The Pilgrim @Kalata !

Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
The Wicker Man
Everything from AMOLAD that isn't Benjamin Breeg or Lord of Light because damnit I want those two to make it.

These Colours Don't Run is my favorite Iron Maiden song. Love the urgency in the verse riff. Neat lyrics too and Bruce sounds awesome on it.
I agree about the riff, Bruce's vocals and the lyrics (for the whole album really). I will also add the verses and the melodies.

I wished the song had a solo from Janick too.
Everything from AMOLAD that isn't Benjamin Breeg or Lord of Light because damnit I want those two to make it.
I really like the riffy aspect of Benjamin Breeg. A unique feature.

Wtf, it's the first time I'm really dissapointed with the round's results. Out of the Silent Planet - one the best if not the best galloping song, the gallop, the melody, just sublime Maiden. These Colours don't run - great intro, awesome chorus, nice instrumental. Song that has highest hope of played again from AMOLAD, if boys ever choose to do something from that album.

My votes this round:
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Only The Good Die Young
Ghost Of The Navigator
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Lord Of Light

The Longest Day has the single coolest instrumental break in all of reunion Maiden. Y’all are silly. Don’t @ me brah
It’s fine, but it’s not even the best instrumental section on this album alone (for that, look no further than the incredible “For the Greater Good of God”). And the effect of the instrumental section is dampened because the impact of the song loses traction with that sluggish chorus. I like this song a lot more than I once did, but I still think that Maiden could’ve rewritten pieces here for way better effect.

Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
Only The Good Die Young So The Fact That This Song Has Survived So Many Rounds Proves That It Is In Fact Not Good /s
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
The Longest Day

I continue to be stunned by all the people who wax poetic about the supposed greatness of "Paschendale", but then dismiss "The Longest Day" without a second thought. You're all nuts.
“Paschendale” thrusts you into the hell of war, “The Longest Day” tries to do the same but as soon as the explosion dies down the gunfire stops and we just trudge along a beach for the rest of the day.

The Longest Day is a fantastic song, with a slightly weak chorus that gets repeated a bit too much.
Paschendale is an okay song, overrated as hell and one of the weakest on DOD (in my opinion of course).

“Paschendale” thrusts you into the hell of war, “The Longest Day” tries to do the same but as soon as the explosion dies down the gunfire stops and we just trudge along a beach for the rest of the day.
The production of “Paschendale” emulates the mud of the battlefield, and the vocal melody is about as compelling as the justification for murdering Franz Ferdinand’s pregnant wife. The eagle cry echoes the wail of my soul by that point in the song, wondering why the track is so tepid when it could have been so much more.

Meanwhile, “The Longest Day” fully embodies the “theater of the mind” approach, building suspense during the verse, climaxing during the pre-chorus as the soldiers storm the beach, and pulling back a little during the chorus as the soldiers lament the position they’re in. The interlude in the middle embodies the rolling waves buffeting the landing boats as the drums reflect the gun emplacements on the cliff wall.

Put simply, “The Longest Day” gloriously succeeds where “Paschendale” sputters and disappoints. IMO, of course.

Back