IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Eliminated after Round 19:
Journeyman - 22 votes
I wonder why this song isn't liked more. Maybe some fans prefer the electric version? The vibe of the song and the chorus are amazing imo.

I voted for:

Infinite Dreams
Montségur

Montségur because it's my least favorite of the other DOD songs in the list and because I want to help out the great Face In The Sand. The BNW songs are all favorites of mine.

Eliminated after Round 18:
The Mercenary - 22 votes
The Nomad - 16 votes
Eliminated after Round 19:
Age Of Innocence - 28 votes
11a557b9e90647df60af69d865084ec9.jpg

I wonder why this song isn't liked more. Maybe some fans prefer the electric version? The vibe of the song and the chorus are amazing imo.

Journeyman is one of my favorites and I'm sad to see it go already. That said, the chorus is the one blemish for me because it feels too shouty. The verses have such a dreamy atmosphere with the constant changes between major and minor. I think I would've liked a different chorus, but the song itself is fantastic and takes you on a journey (no pun intended).

That's how I feel about Gates Of Tomorrow being eliminated lol

-----------

Getting really difficult to use up all votes each time. Feels like choosing your favorite child. Voted for:

Infinite Dreams
Only The Good Die Young
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Montségur
Paschendale
Face In The Sand

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 20:
Face In The Sand - 21 votes
No More Lies - 17 votes
The Thin Line Between Love & Hate - 14 votes
Montségur - 14 votes
Dream Of Mirrors - 13 votes

Promoted after Round 20:
Rainmaker
Dance Of Death
Paschendale

A Matter Of Life & Death joins the game! 9 votes allowed.

Really lame results for Brave New World so far. Out of the Silent Planet is top 5 worst reunion era songs, Blood Brothers and Brave New World are cool tracks but there are plenty of deeper cuts on the album that do it better. Dream of Mirrors, Fallen Angel, The Mercenary. Bummer to see it coming down to the usual suspects there.

Alright, I guess I'll finally try to help progress things...

Only the Good Die Young
Out of the Silent Planet
and
.....only Different World
:devil2:

Oof, AMOLAD is my second favorite album, what a massacre:

Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
Only The Fucking Good Are Supposed To Fucking Die Young But This Song Still Keeps Surviving Every Fucking Round
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
Out Of The Shadows
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

(Also, Out Of The Silent Planet is an easy 10/10)

Voting out everything that’s an 8/10 or below:
  • Ghost Of The Navigator
  • Blood Brothers
  • Different World
  • These Colours Don’t Run
  • The Pilgrim
  • Lord Of Light
  • The Legacy

Eliminated after Round 20:
Face In The Sand - 21 votes
No More Lies - 17 votes
The Thin Line Between Love & Hate - 14 votes
Montségur - 14 votes
Dream Of Mirrors - 13 votes

Promoted after Round 20:
Rainmaker
Dance Of Death
Paschendale
Face In The Sand is underrated, No More Lies is eliminated because of its chorus (shame because the instrumental section is pure gold) and
Montségur is a popular song among fans, but the right 3 songs from the album were promoted.
A great song like Dream Of Mirrors is eliminated becasue of its repetiton(?) and The Thin Line because the first 4 songs from the album are classics.

I voted for:

Infinite Dreams
These Colours Don't Run
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

I like Benjamin (intro, riffs, melodies, solo, vocals... chorus not that much), but I prefer almost all other songs to it - that's what a great album overall can do to a song. Colours is another very good song, but for some reason it's my least listened song from the album.

I'm really sorry about The Pilgrim, great song.

Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
The Wicker Man
BNW
Different World
These Colours Don't Run
The Longest Day
Out of the Shadows
The Legacy

I hoped Face in the Sand would make it, it has become my favourite song from DoD. Awesome stuff. Lord of Light is my second favourite Iron Maiden song, and surely it has better chances?

• Angry
Reactions: Jer
Back