The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially the ones who want to listen to the overplayed 80s classics. But, I could understand if those fans want to hear rarities like To Tame a Land, Total Eclipse, Only the Good Die Young, Purgatory or Remember Tomorrow.
Not sure about other countries but in the USA much of the older crowds tend to just "wanna hear the hits." I think part of it can be a reclaim-their-youth type of thing when the go to the show.

Last edited:
I was going to go to this tour but now that Bruce can't even make Rolling Stone's top 200 singers list I don't see the point.
Yeah, not surprising as he's bad mouthed the RnR HoF. Yet Billie what's her face is on the list, what a fucking joke lol. Same with their list of best guitarists. Joan Jett is on there but Ted Nugent is not and it's because of his political views.

When you get to my age you might feel the need to pee more often! Long plodding songs provide a perfect opportunity for this.

Pro tip:

If you're going to a second or subsequent gig on the tour, Iron Maiden is the best for a trip to the jacks/bar, as once you've seen the Eddie from the tour it's otherwise a song you've heard every other time you've seen the band. New songs/blaze era on paper seem a good idea but everyone else has the same idea, resulting in queues, and maybe you mght end up missing a bit of the next track as well.

Even better pro tip:

Just don't drink during the gig and miss none of it.

Does anyone from Slovenia know of a place / website / marketplace where people sell concert tickets? I wanna try and buy a fan pit ticket for the show in Ljubljana for my brother. He was too indecisive and missed out on the tickets when they were available.

Note that I'd only really take the fan pit ticket as we want to be together side by side when they start playing ATG.

Does anyone from Slovenia know of a place / website / marketplace where people sell concert tickets? I wanna try and buy a fan pit ticket for the show in Ljubljana for my brother. He was too indecisive and missed out on the tickets when they were available.

Note that I'd only really take the fan pit ticket as we want to be together side by side when they start playing ATG.
bolha.com

That's the used things market. However, they could be expensive. Also try Facebook marketplace.

Not sure about other countries but in the USA much of the older crowds tend to just "wanna hear the hits." I think part of it can be a reclaim-their-youth type of thing when the go to the show.

I mentioned it before but psychologist Dr. Nico Rose indeed argues in his book "Hard, Heavy & Happy: Heavy Metal and the Art of the Good Life" that "Play Classics" people subconsciously don't actually mean the music, but instead liked themselves better at the time.

So apparantly Bruce let some information out wether or not the band is going to play Alexander the Great on this year's tour on his show in Oslo.

I quote: "The evening was rounded off with some good old fashioned Q&A where the vast majority of the questions revolved around a new solo record and subsequent tour, where the answer was yes to thunderous cheers and whether Maiden was going to include "Alexander The Great" on the next tour where the answer was a little more expectant".

Now he didn't confirm it directly but I think it's extremely likely we're getting Alexander this year. What are your thoughts?

I searched for videos of the show in Oslo to see exactly what he said, but unfortunately I couldn't find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back