The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the new (and surprising) Total Eclipse artwork be a hint about the tour - click here. Maybe they will play it? I doubt it, but still.

I mean: the colours are like the LOTB '22 US poster, the ruined building in the background, the vortex, the frozen hand that fits the theme of SIASL and that can be found in the SIT cover (not frozen, ofc).

anyone knows if this is a solo gig or his book tour?

It would be kind of a "one of these things is not like the other" if he was the odd guy doing a speaking engagement in the middle of a metal festival. I guess it's within the realm of possibility he's expecting his solo album to be out by then and promoting it with a handful of festival dates in 2023. If Summer Breeze is in April, it's about a month before Future Past 2023 starts.

Interesting find.

It would be kind of a "one of these things is not like the other" if he was the odd guy doing a speaking engagement in the middle of a metal festival. I guess it's within the realm of possibility he's expecting his solo album to be out by then and promoting it with a handful of festival dates in 2023. If Summer Breeze is in April, it's about a month before Future Past 2023 starts.

Interesting find.

I agree with your reasoning about it being odd to be the only guy speaking, but also, the picture used is of him at a speaking event.

I agree with your reasoning about it being odd to be the only guy speaking, but also, the picture used is of him at a speaking event.
Wishful thinking on my part, most likely. Speaking pic because he technically has no backing band? And he has been known to slap together a band for a one-off solo show...once, at least back in 2002, was it?

But yeah, sadly, 95% chance it'll be a speaking event, odd as that might be for the festival. Probably in a big tent somewhere.

It's not happening BUT I want to believe they're playing it.
Isn't it a bit suspicious that they replaced Gangland with it for the 40th anniv. vynil release of the album and made an artwork for this bonus song (it was made by Akirant, btw - the artist they use for the posters of the last 2 tours) that has some connections with the new tour? Yeah yeah, they think they made a mistake in the first place, but why not include all songs for this anniv. release? They even released an official ''moving artwork'' video for it (like the ones for Senjutsu)! They could have made artworks for all songs if they wanted to be more special release...

And Bruce said earlier in the year that this is Maiden's most underrated song.

If they play it, it will be the 2nd bonus song (after Sanctuary) that has been played again after its original album tour. I hope it won't be one of the deep cuts for the tour - I prefer Clairvoyant (for example) or almost any other song much more. I don't think it's a good live song, it has a great riff and solos, while the part with the high vocals near the end will be difficult for Bruce, methinks. It will fit the theme of the tour though. Btw, Total Eclipse, Invaders and Prodigal Son are early examples of Steve's ''intro-outro'' songwriting style.

If they wanted to play it. This year leg of LOTB was perfect opportunity for this or any other deep cut from NOTB.

Let them just play Blaze era songs only because Bruce can't sing any high notes anymore. Better yet just bring Blaze back so there won't be any danger at all of having anything resembling a high note.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back