The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's an element of good publicity that comes from adding a second date due to 'phenomenal demand' when this demand was probably expected all along as well. It's a better look to say we sold out the 15k arena twice over than we sold 30k tickets in the 35k stadium. The band probably don't care about that but I'd wager Rod might!

I think you are right. It is the usual bullshit from the music business. Phenomenal demand my arse! It was all planned like that in the first instance.

I know of one instance when that was not the case. In 2011 there was a third date at the O2 in London booked, but in that occasion the phenomenal demand was not that phenomenal. :lol:

I know of one instance when that was not the case. In 2011 there was a third date at the O2 in London booked, but in that occasion the phenomenal demand was not that phenomenal.
And in 2019 there were two cases of actual phenomenal demand. Mexico City and Santiago.

when this demand was probably expected all along as well.
Yeah (especially with the capacity of the arenas and a short (arenas) tour only in Europe is always easier to sell out), but it's their choice to play only in Europe next year and mainly arenas during album tours. Short tour with not that many different places to visit, hence the 2nd nights. The SIT album is the other reason for the 'phenomenal demand', but we know that Maiden have no problem with selling tickets. The canceled 2020 shows with a lot of stadium gigs were also mostly sold out.

I am really curious to see what we get in terms of stage. I would like to see a futuristic neon city with some Japanese influences to bring both Somewhere in Time and Senjutsu into one single setting. A bit like the image below. Maybe some tower-like structures like the Japanese temple during Legacy '22 or the sattelite towers during the Final Frontier tour. This way they only have to change the curtains in the background and it still fits the theme perfectly.

They could also opt for the Legacy of the Beast route and change the stage to match the songs they will play. During the Legacy tour in 2019 and 2019 we saw the stage change from War > Religion > Hell and in 2022 it became Japan > Religion > Hell which was pretty cool and (correct me if I'm wrong) the first time ever that the whole stage changed scenery instead of just the curtain in the background. If they do this during the Future Past tour I can easily see them swapping a futuristic theme with the Japanese temple theme we already saw in 2022. But this would also mean that the setlist would be very divided, meaning we would first get 5 Senjutsu songs and then 5 Somewhere in Time songs (or vice versa of course) Would that work? In my opinion, no. I would rather see them alternate between SiT and Senjutsu songs and some classics (like The Trooper or Notb)

I would also like to see a making of DVD of this tour, like the documentary on the En Vivo DVD or the Flight 666 DVD. I don't know how likely it is that this will happen, but I would love to see it. I think there is a possibility since Steve regrets not filming anything during the Somewhere on Tour in 1986/87.

apocalypse-fantasy-art-cityscape-steampunk-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Lisbon, Portugal
What's the furthest you would travel for a scheduled gig? If it weren't for my economical situation being ass due to a realtor fucking me over, I would already have booked a travel to somewhere else for Sweden for the sake of this.

That's why I would love Futureal as opener, look at the crowd!!!! Blaze sounds great! I don't think Senjutsu Is a bad Song but it's a bit of a sleeper as opener judging by the crowd response
Futureal is one of Maiden's best concert openers and is often regarded as one of the two classic songs from its album. It would have been the concert opener for a 90's-themed History tour! But for this tour they will open with a song from Senjutsu or SIT for sure (not with ''Senjutsu''). Futureal will also work great in the middle of the setlist (like in 1999) after an epic or a slow song. ''Senjutsu'' was an atypical opener.
I am really curious to see what we get in terms of stage. I would like to see a futuristic neon city with some Japanese influences to bring both Somewhere in Time and Senjutsu into one single setting. A bit like the image below. Maybe some tower-like structures like the Japanese temple during Legacy '22 or the sattelite towers during the Final Frontier tour. This way they only have to change the curtains in the background and it still fits the theme perfectly.

They could also opt for the Legacy of the Beast route and change the stage to match the songs they will play. During the Legacy tour in 2019 and 2019 we saw the stage change from War > Religion > Hell and in 2022 it became Japan > Religion > Hell which was pretty cool and (correct me if I'm wrong) the first time ever that the whole stage changed scenery instead of just the curtain in the background. If they do this during the Future Past tour I can easily see them swapping a futuristic theme with the Japanese temple theme we already saw in 2022. But this would also mean that the setlist would be very divided, meaning we would first get 5 Senjutsu songs and then 5 Somewhere in Time songs (or vice versa of course) Would that work? In my opinion, no. I would rather see them alternate between SiT and Senjutsu songs and some classics (like The Trooper or Notb)

I would also like to see a making of DVD of this tour, like the documentary on the En Vivo DVD or the Flight 666 DVD. I don't know how likely it is that this will happen, but I would love to see it. I think there is a possibility since Steve regrets not filming anything during the Somewhere on Tour in 1986/87.

apocalypse-fantasy-art-cityscape-steampunk-wallpaper-preview.jpg
The stage will probably look like the futuristic video from the tour promo video and I think it will be spectacular. I can't wait to see it.
They should reference Senjutsu in the set with something noticeable - towers or Nicko's drum kit. This kind of stage is the only way to fit the themes of both albums. They will need a big light show for this tour more than ever.

I wonder if they will use again the frames for the backdrops during LOTB tour so the stage to look bigger, cooler, ''modern'' and even more impressive?

They won't have 2 stage sets again because Steve said they won't use the Japanese Palace again. They could divide the songs from both albums into two themes (past and future, plus some classics in between), but I can't see them playing 5 SIT in a row.
And yes, LOTB '22 is the only tour with 2 stage sets!

I think we'll definitely get a live video concert release from this tour for the same reason you pointed out (and because the Senjutsu album is so well received... although they might not play Senjutsu and/or Stratego). A ''making of' documentary for the tour would be so cool, but I don't think it's likely unfortunately.

I think they will do one song from SSOASS next year, since they have done none this year. Clairvoyant would be the best fit for the tour theme.
It would fit very well and it seems they had plans/wanted to play it during LOTB tour (the hints in the 2018 poster... Heaven Can Wait too). Clairvoyant is kind of a deep cut, I guess.

SSOASS album had a nice break after Maiden England tour (with only The Evil That Men Do played in 2018/2019 since 2014). Maybe the upcoming tour is also the reason why they didn't play a song from the SIT album during LOTB tour.

Since they played 4 POM songs during LOTB tour, I think next year they will only play Trooper or even no songs from it. I think they will drop The Number Of The Beast instead. A Powerslave song to return is 50/50 imo (maybe 2 Minutes To Midnight) as the 2 albums will take up more than half of the setlist.

Seventh Son is my favorite album from Maiden, but I'm kinda over hearing any songs from it live, unless they wanna take a swing at Infinite Dreams, or Only the Good Die Young. I saw the Maiden England tour twice and it still feels like I just listened to 7th Son Songs.

I love Blaze to death. But I always have this feeling he has no idea what he's gonna say next on stage, and it's just one word after another.
The bizarre thing is that it seems his stilted speech pattern is exclusive to his solo stuff--he's the same on his last two live albums from the Infinite Entanglement tour. Then watch some clips even from his most recent Wolfsbane tour, which is only separated from this performance by 5 or 6 months, and he's quick and actually pretty funny.

Futureal will also work great in the middle of the setlist (like in 1999) after an epic or a slow song. ''Senjutsu'' was an atypical opener.
I loved how they had Stranger in a Strange Land, Futureal and Man on the Edge back to back in 1999. Those three work really well next to one another. Instead of Man on the Edge you could have Wasted Years!

Would love to see Eddie come out with some kind of futuristic light sabre, looking mostly like cyborg Eddie, but with a touch of samurai Eddie.

View attachment 23711
On one hand I'd love to see Samurai Eddie and Cyborg Eddie being fused into one single Eddie (kinda like the Future Past tour poster). That would be neat!

And on the other hand. Samurai VS Cyborg on stage.....? Yes please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back