Bruce Dickinson

''Bruce Dickinson is an open secret but Rod Smallwood who's a very nice chap and always very respectful lets me know that it's not going to happen''.

^ Why? Bruce recorded some songs for other bands in the early 2000's (Ayreon, Halford, Tribuzy) while in Maiden.

''Bruce Dickinson is an open secret but Rod Smallwood who's a very nice chap and always very respectful lets me know that it's not going to happen''.

^ Why? Bruce recorded some songs for other bands in the early 2000's (Ayreon, Halford, Tribuzy) while in Maiden.
Probably because of the 2001 solo album incident, I think Bruce (and Rod for that matter) have become very strict regarding guest performances

Maybe referring to the aborted album that was meant to feature Geoff Tate and Rob Halford? If I remember the story correctly, some sort of dispute with Tate led to the project being shelved (some of it shows up on Tyranny of Souls). It does seem like Bruce did less work with other artists after this, but that also coincides with Maiden becoming more of a commitment so who knows.

Which incident was this…?
I was thinking about that Bruce and Arjen Lucassen were writing music together in secrecy after Bruce sang on Into the black hole. When Arjen started talking about it in an interview, Rod phoned him up and let him know that he could forget to work with Bruce again.

Someone still have old grudges…and someone still ruined a show for 20 000 fans!

Look, I like Ozzy as much as the next guy, but why the fuck would anyone be jealous of him? Bruce sees about as many fans on tour, makes about as much money, and is able to go into pubs without being swarmed but can still be recognized. I think Sharon is just batshit. Not that Bruce is a saint because he’s always on some dump shit, but she’s got issues. Not to mention the way her management screwed Ozzy’s former bandmates out of money.

EDIT: Also Bruce can still sing.

I was thinking about that Bruce and Arjen Lucassen were writing music together in secrecy after Bruce sang on Into the black hole. When Arjen started talking about it in an interview, Rod phoned him up and let him know that he could forget to work with Bruce again.

If I remember correctly, Bruce was the one who pulled he plug on the project after he got a bollocking from Rod, who had heard about the project via Arjen's online newsletter comments to his fans.

Someone still have old grudges…and someone still ruined a show for 20 000 fans!
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think Sharon Osbourne has a point. I don't agree with the egging, and Ozzfest does seem very corporate, but Maiden were still paid to play there so why would Bruce make snide remarks about reality TV and credibility every night on stage? The phrase 'biting the hand that feeds' springs to mind. Bruce has had a habit of running his mouth over the years.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think Sharon Osbourne has a point. I don't agree with the egging, and Ozzfest does seem very corporate, but Maiden were still paid to play there so why would Bruce make snide remarks about reality TV and credibility every night on stage? The phrase 'biting the hand that feeds' springs to mind. Bruce has had a habit of running his mouth over the years.

No surprise he was left with egg on his face then!

Back