Judas Priest

Gonna have to check this out when its released. Only complaint is when people say things like "...moving slightly outside the realms of 'heavy metal.'". I'm sure it will still be heavy and there are all kinds of metal anyway.

Gonna have to check this out when its released. Only complaint is when people say things like "...moving slightly outside the realms of 'heavy metal.'". I'm sure it will still be heavy and there are all kinds of metal anyway.
Maybe their music will be a kind of hard & heavy melting...

Richie: ''This record represents for me more of my DNA as a guitar player and a songwriter. It's a mix of Jimi Hendrix, Priest, Sabbath, solo Ozzy and Black Label Society – heavy, catchy, and with melody. Sort of old school and modern at once if that makes any sense, and actually down-tuned a whole step. There are a lot of guitar solos and melody and the songs are on the heavier side. Me and acoustic don’t really get along, so there’s only one mellow song on it, a sort of smoky, haunted, New Orleans kind of tune called ‘Ghost of You,’ with de-tuned 1920s piano on it. There’s a song called ‘White Horse,’ plus ‘Horns for a Halo’, which is like Tony Iommi crossed with Alice in Chains''.

Rob about the band's plans: ''We'll finish this 50th-anniversary celebration down in São Paulo, Brazil on December the 18th, and that'll be this year done. And then next year we're kicking off with our good friend Ozzy in the U.K.; we'll do some shows with him. And [in the rest of] Europe. And then a few other bits and pieces we've got going over in Europe. And then we stop. And then we plan the next release sequence for the next Priest album''.

^ The new Priest album will be released in 2024, I guess. The 50th anniversary tour will continue next year too.

There's no official spoiler rules other than for Iron Maiden concerts.
Reminder for tomorrow. KK is ready and I can't wait to see/hear this.

Reminder for tomorrow. KK is ready and I can't wait to see/hear this.

Apparently KK will rock a Nostradamus flying V guitar! :rocker:

Edit: it's emblematic because this is his last album with the band. Underrated and great album imo.

Last edited:
I'm suspecting a 3 guitar line-up continuation! Ken back, but Faulkner too important to get rid of.
I would expect it if it wasn't for KK being KK. You know, filled with resentment and too much pride. Not all misplaced, but he is the one wanting back in and those traits haven't worked in his favour so far. I hope they work it out (a dream come true even) but I don't want to get my hopes up and end up disappointed.

Last edited:
I think the problem would be to mend the fence with the band in general, but Glenn in particular. His and Glenn's relationship is what ultimately broke the band apart. Kk has asked through email (way to put effort in) to return on multiple occassions.

If KK were to return, I wonder if he would be willing to play the Redeemer/Firepower songs, or would he be like Rob and refuse?

It’s an interesting thought and I wouldn’t mind hearing some Ripper songs, but

- KK has no leverage. He’ll play on their terms or not at all imo.
- The last two albums are way more well known than the two Ripper albums at this point. It’s not a fair comparison.

Back