The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is what not to do if a bird shits on you". Most lame spoken intro ever. Especially for such a poem & song. Whereas 1985's intro about Coleridge /marijuana was interesting & inspiring.

You know what, while we’re speculating on the classics that could be included, what if they kept Flight of Icarus? It’s pretty clear that they’re enjoying it, and it was played kn the first few shows of the original Somewhere on Tour in 86. I think Bruce would love to keep his flamethrower for a little longer.

You know what, while we’re speculating on the classics that could be included, what if they kept Flight of Icarus? It’s pretty clear that they’re enjoying it, and it was played kn the first few shows of the original Somewhere on Tour in 86. I think Bruce would love to keep his flamethrower for a little longer.
That would not disappoint me!

But just a general question I'm wondering now after your post. Has Maiden ever used props for shows twice in a row? Not counting an inflatable Eddie or Eddie walking on stage (because that happens every tour but with a variation) but more props like the flamethrowers, the cross or the spitfire or something like that?

I would love to see Icarus again, but I don't know if they will use the same props they had a year before.

Has Maiden ever used props for shows twice in a row? Not counting an inflatable Eddie or Eddie walking on stage (because that happens every tour but with a variation) but more props like the flamethrowers, the cross or the spitfire or something like that?
The Beast showed up several tours in a row I think.

Yes, but that one is inflatable. They had the same prop for SBIT 08/09, Final Frontier 10/11 and Maiden England 12-14. At least I think so.
You're right on the Final Frontier tour (link to video)

I don't see it on the SBiT tour (link to video)

And I can't find a proper video of Maiden England where they play NotB (at least from the 12 - 14 tour)

And they used it on the Book of Souls tour of course. But not on the Legacy of the Beast tour as far as I know.

All things considered I'm curious to see what props they're going to be using!

Edit: Found a video from Maiden England. Horrible quality but the Beast is there as well (link to video)

It makes sense. Not sure what else it could mean.
Some people are saying it's just a nod to the SiT album cover where it said 'Westham 7, Arsenal 3'

But yes I personally think it means we get 5 songs from both albums. Otherwise I really can't explain the '5-5' reference. Except for the fact that 7+3 and 5+5 both come out to 10.

Attachments

• 8gG5X5qz9CnpePSRCtdgWZ.jpg
    8gG5X5qz9CnpePSRCtdgWZ.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 9
If there will be 2 walking Eddies - Cyborg and Samurai, during which songs do you think they will appear?
Cyborg Eddie - during SIASL (Eddie from the single cover).

Samurai Eddie - during Senjutsu, The Time Machine or TWOTW.
If they're throwing back to the era as a whole, it'd be neat if they dug Rime of the Ancient Mariner out for one more tour. Wouldn't mind if it took the place of two of 'must plays' like Fear and Trooper.

Sure, the set'd be skewing towards more epics than quick songs, but I wouldn't mind.
Too many epics. But Bruce said he wants to do ROTAM live again...
Given that it didn’t make the cut for Maiden England which was supporting Seventh Son, I think it has very little chance on a double album tour.
I agree. The song is a regular part of Nicko's solo shows.
only way they add rime is at the expense of Alexander just as they did back then ahaha
Sadly, it's true.
I think the stage prop and the flamethrower during FOI were exclusive for the LOTB tour. If the song stays in the set, I expect something different.
The Beast showed up several tours in a row I think.
Yes - in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010/2011, 2012-2014 and in another form in 2016/2017 and for the LOTB tour.
Some people are saying it's just a nod to the SiT album cover where it said 'Westham 7, Arsenal 3'

But yes I personally think it means we get 5 songs from both albums. Otherwise I really can't explain the '5-5' reference. Except for the fact that 7+3 and 5+5 both come out to 10.
I agree. There is still a chance for ''6-4'', I guess. The battle between SJ and SIT Eddie ends in a draw. SIT Eddie is more powerful than Trooper Eddie lol.

I think it was kinda weird that they didn't announce more shows, but they promised more shows so we can only wait for now.
I can so see and hope that there will be show in Finland next year. Im pretty sure that it will happen.

It's not weird. They always announce tours this way.

I'm pretty sure Wacken is the last date
Speaking of Wacken, maybe we'll get a live stream from it again (like during TBOS tour when Wacken was the last date of the 1st leg). It will be great, although I'm sure the band will release a concert video from this tour. They should have played Rock In Rio with this tour (we have a pro-shot of the 3 Senjutsu songs so I'm not complaining). Will they do Download again? TBOS tour had dates in both Download and Wacken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back