The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love the feeling that this band is like the team that have Won 7 championsleague in a row and say "ok we can do whatever we want is our band and we are at the top again.

Setlist prediction:

1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. Wasted Years
5. Stranger in a Strange Land
6. The Parchment
7. Fear of the Dark
8. The Trooper
9. Days of Future Past
10. The Number of the Beast
11. Iron Maiden
--- Encore 1:
12. Darkest Hour
13. Spoken intro + Alexander the Great
14. Reach Out (Adrian on vocals)
--- Encore 2:
15. The Sheriff of Huddersfield w/ band presentation
16. Hell on Earth

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner will be played in Belgrade only

My dearest girlfriend who I have been with for 5 years (and have known for about 18 years) asked me if she couldn't come along to the Future Past tour. She normally doesn't like metal music at all. She doesn't mind me putting it on but she doesn't listen to it herself. So I was already feeling guilty and said that she definitely didn't have to come because it's not her style of music and that I would only go because my father (with whom I normally go to concerts) is on vacation. But she was firm and said she would go with me because she wants me to be safe and also so I would have a good time instead of standing there by myself and feeling uncomfortable. So, it's settled. My girlfriend is going with me to the Iron Maiden show in Amsterdam in 2023! I pay her ticket, of course, but I'm happy to do so!

I feel tremendously blessed to have such a wonderful girlfriend and that she offered to go to a concert with me. I love her so much! I just wanted to share my happiness here!

See you at the Future Past tour next year everyone! :applause:

Having re read Steve’s post regarding this upcoming tour i don’t think any of the current Senjutsu songs played on the LOTB will be dropped. He doesn’t specifically say this and it reads to me like they didn’t want to go out in a full Senjutsu tour with the Japanese palace backdrop.

I think they’ll keep the 3 current songs and add hell on Earth and days if future past (if it’s 5 max from the album). Doesn’t make sense to drop the title track and the other 2 I just can’t see being dropped.

It’s all well and good people saying drop some of them but the U.K. audience hasn’t seen any of these tracks yet so to tour the album and drop the title track and one of the 2 album singles doesn’t seem right.

Also, I think Rod and Steve are lining up a live album for this tour too. Whether we get a video or not is debatable but I’d bet a months wages there’s a definite live album coming out for this tour. If that’s the case the best way to sell it would be to have some really cool and exclusive live songs that aren’t on any other official release. This leads me to think ATG is a must as a good version of that on a live album will guarantee the entire fan base will likely buy it.

Sea of madness/ Deja vu are also strong contenders for the cool live songs not on any other release plus SIASL. That leaves heaven can wait and wasted years rounding off the 5 SIT songs (that’s if it is 5).

Maiden love to give little clues so it’s a safe bet it will be 5 each from both albums then the usual suspects (FOTD, trooper, iron maiden, NOTB etc)

No way will we get CSIT. Too hard for Nicko now and would be a big strain for Bruce.

Setlist prediction:

1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. Wasted Years
5. Stranger in a Strange Land
6. The Parchment
7. Fear of the Dark
8. The Trooper
9. Days of Future Past
10. The Number of the Beast
11. Iron Maiden
--- Encore 1:
12. Darkest Hour
13. Spoken intro + Alexander the Great
14. Reach Out (Adrian on vocals)
--- Encore 2:
15. The Sheriff of Huddersfield w/ band presentation
16. Hell on Earth

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner will be played in Belgrade only

Parchment *and* Stranger *and* Sheriff *and* Reach Out (with Adrian) *and* Alexander? Mate you overestimate them light years, but ok, I’ll buy!

:edmetal:

ECSTATIC!!

Seriously do anyone really believe that they're gonna do the de facto Senjutsu's supporting tour without the title track and both the singles?

They're definitely keeping them, adding one or two tracks from CD2 (Hell on Earth almost certainly, maybe also Darkest Hour or Death of the Celts—or maybe both, they're playing Aces High and The Clansman atm) and some from SIT (the classics—Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait—plus Stranger in a Strange Land which is heard in the trailer).

Realistically speaking, that's what's gonna happen.

I will be genuinely surprised by anything different.

Do you think the stage set for the tour is already set? Or at least the idea/sketches of it with backdrops, lights and stuff. I think so.

I guess the setlist is not ready yet, probably just the main songs from it.

I'm sure ATG will have an epic backdrop. Let's hope so. I also expect a backdrop with SIT Eddie alone (probably for SIASL).

Do you think the stage set for the tour is already set? Or at least the idea/sketches of it with backdrops, lights and stuff. I think so.
I think the stage set/backdrop will likely be based on the tour announcement video.

Makes perfect sense to do a futuristic blade runner style neon city that could be a sci-fi Tokyo which perfectly combines the two albums.

Keep the backdrop the same through the gig, no need to keep changing it for different songs as it fits the overall theme.

Just add both SIT and Senjutsu Eddie’s. Bring them out separately then maybe again at the end together having a stage battle. Epic.

I'm sure ATG will have an epic backdrop. Let's hope so. I also expect a backdrop with SIT Eddie alone (probably for SIASL).
Would be great to see the background of Edward the Great during Alexander the Great honestly!

And I expect the tour art (the half Samurai and half Cyborg Eddie) will be a background just as the Samurai VS Trooper Eddie was a background during Run to the Hills at the LotB tour.

Attachments

• ab67616d0000b27336277367f28b92305186711d.jpg
    ab67616d0000b27336277367f28b92305186711d.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 5
Seriously do anyone really believe that they're gonna do the de facto Senjutsu's supporting tour without the title track and both the singles?

They're definitely keeping them, adding one or two tracks from CD2 (Hell on Earth almost certainly, maybe also Darkest Hour or Death of the Celts—or maybe both, they're playing Aces High and The Clansman atm) and some from SIT (the classics—Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait—plus Stranger in a Strange Land which is heard in the trailer).

Realistically speaking, that's what's gonna happen.

I will be genuinely surprised by anything different.
There is always a chance that the 3 Senjutsu songs from this year will stay, but there will be not enough room in the setlist for more SIT songs or deep cuts. And they want to play other songs from their latest album. TWOTW will stay for sure, Senjutsu is 50/50 (only because of the audience response to it and because it will not be the concert opener) and Stratego probably will be dropped because it's a difficult song for Nicko (and let's not forget how the 2nd single from the BNW album was played live only 4 times). DOFP, Hell On Earth and another epic are a given imo, while The Time Machine is almost mandatory for the theme of the tour.

From SIT, the songs could be 5 or 4 (WY, SIASL, HCW/SOM, ATG and/or... CSIT). I think the ''5+5'' hint will be true.
- the tour will not worth the hype if they don't play ATG imho!
Also, I think Rod and Steve are lining up a live album for this tour too. Whether we get a video or not is debatable but I’d bet a months wages there’s a definite live album coming out for this tour. If that’s the case the best way to sell it would be to have some really cool and exclusive live songs that aren’t on any other official release. This leads me to think ATG is a must as a good version of that on a live album will guarantee the entire fan base will likely buy it.
They don't need exclusive live songs for the sales, but I'm sure we'll get a concert video & a live album from this tour. 100%.

I'm going for Hell On Earth, Time Machine and DOFP for Senjutsu content.

HOE because its Steve's baby. It's the new RATB, which in itself was intended to be ghe new ROTAM in my opinion.

Time Machine because lively mid section, most accessible of the longer Senjutsu tracks, and perfect opportunity for Janickdancing. It's the part of the setlist I'll be looking forward to most if it's there.

DOFP because it's short, keeps up energy, and tour name alludes to it!

I'd like to have heard Senjutsu, Stratego and Writing live too, but I think those first two are less likely now. Writing could still be in, as its had more exposure and that usually equates with crowd pleaser. (And not Cried pleaser as my phone just tried to write).

It's at the back of my mind that they might just attempt The Parchment. I'd very much like to hear that, but there's such a thing as epic fatigue in setlists.

For SIT, I'd like CSIT, think Wasted Years would be a copout as they've done it live recently, and genuinely think they're going to do Alexander. I'm happy with the song, but can see it going from being the revered deep cut they never play to being 'oh, another Maiden epic'. Alexander the Average?

SIASL is likely, being in the promotional vid.

They don't need exclusive live songs for the sales,
I disagree and think they do.

I’ve seen a lot of people moaning on forums and social media about how many live versions of FOTD, the Trooper and regular hits do they need.

Nights of the Dead was bigged up as having the live album first greater good of good plus other rate tracks like flight of Icarus and where eatables dare.

Plus after NOTD was so poorly released (bad Bruce performance on a few songs, fake crowd noise) outside of the hardcore collectors who else would buy a Maiden live album these days.

I think the stage set/backdrop will likely be based on the tour announcement video.

Makes perfect sense to do a futuristic blade runner style neon city that could be a sci-fi Tokyo which perfectly combines the two albums.

Keep the backdrop the same through the gig, no need to keep changing it for different songs as it fits the overall theme.

Just add both SIT and Senjutsu Eddie’s. Bring them out separately then maybe again at the end together having a stage battle. Epic.
I agree about the stage set, but there is no way they will use the same backdrop for all songs. Even the Senjutsu realm this year has different backdrops for the new songs (plus the middle Pagoda). Some of the backdrops (probably the futuristic one) will be used for a couple of songs.
Would be great to see the background of Edward the Great during Alexander the Great honestly!

And I expect the tour art (the half Samurai and half Cyborg Eddie) will be a background just as the Samurai VS Trooper Eddie was a background during Run to the Hills at the LotB tour.
I don't think they will use Edward The Great Eddie as a backdrop. They will want to make a brand new and special backdrop for ATG... probably involving a horse. Edit: they even made a brand new backdrop for Clansman for LOTB tour.

The tour poster as a backdrop (for the last song in the set, I guess) is something they should do.

Last edited:
I agree about the stage set, but there is no way they will use the same backdrop for all songs.
Depends how they do it. Having a cool futuristic city backdrop with some cool moving illusions like changing billboards and flying cars etc if I was them I’d keep it all the way through the set. Maybe have some changing billboards depicting individual songs but that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back