NOW PLAYING

Gamma Ray - Empire Of The Undead (album)

Wow, I've remembered this album as not one of my favorites... wrooong. I don't like only 2/3 songs. I'm glad I gave it another chance. The album cover is bad though.

Highlights: ''Avalon'' (Top 10 song of the band for me), ''Pale Rider'' (riff beast! every part is great here), ''Master Of Confusion'' (the traditional super catchy song in every album), ''Seven'' (one of my favorite songs of the band, big Maiden vibe and an awesome chorus) and ''I Will Return'' (classic Gamma Ray sounding song with great verses, chorus, melodies and instrumental section).

There are other good songs like ''Hellbent'' (sounds like a WOJ song with its speed, heavy riffs and solos/melodies, but the chorus should have been stronger), ''Born To Fly'' (a different song for the band with a catchy chorus) and the title track (speed metal song with a thrash metal chorus).

Gamma Ray - Empire Of The Undead (album)

Wow, I've remembered this album as not one of my favorites... wrooong. I don't like only 2/3 songs. I'm glad I gave it another chance. The album cover is bad though.
“Avalon” is excellent for sure. The best song they’d done in years. “Master Of Confusion” is good, but it’s just a rehash of “Send Me A Sign”. “I Will Return” was also pretty good, but derivative. And I actually liked the B-side “Built A World” more than most of the album tracks because it had a cool Sigh No More vibe with a great chorus.

But the rest of the album? Totally lackluster, IMO. I almost never listen to it at this point.

“Avalon” is excellent for sure. The best song they’d done in years. “Master Of Confusion” is good, but it’s just a rehash of “Send Me A Sign”. “I Will Return” was also pretty good, but derivative. And I actually liked the B-side “Built A World” more than most of the album tracks because it had a cool Sigh No More vibe with a great chorus.

But the rest of the album? Totally lackluster, IMO. I almost never listen to it at this point.
''Built A World'' is a very good song yeah, it should have been included in the album. I enjoy the album, at least half of it.

Back