NOW PLAYING

Gamma Ray - Insanity and Genius
There are some really strong songs in their albums with Ralf on vocals. In this one the best song imo is ''Last Before The Storm'' - one of my favorite songs of the band (I prefer it with Kai on vocals). Other good songs and things: ''Tribute To The Past'', ''No Return'', ''Future Madhouse'', the melodic riff of the title track, the chorus of ''Heal Me'' (the only song in the album with Kai on vocals), nice ballad...
Something cool came in the mail yesterday. This is the last GR album that I haven't heard yet.

View attachment 22618
The only songs I like from this album are ''Blood Religion'' (one of my favorite songs of the band) and ''Strange World''. ''Revelation'' is good too and the choruses of ''Condemned To Hell'' and ''Spiritual Dictator'' are cool. The bonus song ''Hellfire'' should have been included in the album imo.

There are some really strong songs in their albums with Ralf on vocals. In this one the best song imo is ''Last Before The Storm'' - one of my favorite songs of the band (I prefer it with Kai on vocals). Other good songs and things: ''Tribute To The Past'', ''No Return'', ''Future Madhouse'', the melodic riff of the title track, the chorus of ''Heal Me'' (the only song in the album with Kai on vocals), nice ballad...
I really like Tribute to the Past, it sounds like a song from the Kai albums. I hear stuff from Anywhere in the Galaxy, Armageddon, Beyond the Black Hole in it. No Return, Last Before the Storm and the title track are also good. Gamma Ray is pretty funny. And I really didn't expect the piano part in Heal Me. I don't find the other songs to be of much interest though, so it's still bottom 3. Sigh No More and Heading For Tomorrow really are killer though.

The only songs I like from this album are ''Blood Religion'' (one of my favorite songs of the band) and ''Strange World''. ''Revelation'' is good too and the choruses of ''Condemned To Hell'' and ''Spiritual Dictator'' are cool. The bonus song ''Hellfire'' should have been included in the album imo.
I wish it came to Spotify with SOIS/PP/NWO... I should give it a fair listening in a place that's not on the bus, but I really don't care for anything after Blood Religion on that one. The only songs I'd consider "great" are My Temple (despite some very stupid lines) and Fight.

and Fight.
I forgot ''Fight''. Nice song.
Sigh No More and Heading For Tomorrow really are killer though.
Apart from the amazing title track of Heading For Tomorrow, I only like ''Lust For Life'' (classic), ''Heaven Can Wait'' (fun song) and maybe ''The Silence''.

From Sigh No More I like ''Rich And Famous'', ''One With The World'', ''Start Running'' and ''Dream Healer'' (one of their best long songs imo) and ''The Spirit''.

Back