NOW PLAYING

This is a pretty interesting album from the former drummer of Moonspell. It draws from a shockingly broad cross section of metal, including folk, neoclassical, power, prog, melodeath, black, and doom, but it also has one foot firmly planted in the 90s nu metal sound. All the vocals are melodic, though there’s a coarser texture to them. My only real complaint is the periodic blast beat / cut time drumming that finds its way into the songs a bit too often, though it usually doesn’t last too long.

This is a pretty interesting album from the former drummer of Moonspell. It draws from a shockingly broad cross section of metal, including folk, neoclassical, power, prog, melodeath, black, and doom, but it also has one foot firmly planted in the 90s nu metal sound. All the vocals are melodic, though there’s a coarser texture to them. My only real complaint is the periodic blast beat / cut time drumming that finds its way into the songs a bit too often, though it usually doesn’t last too long.
Listening!
Awesome album !!!

Last edited:
Helloween - The Madness of the Crowds
Wow, it's better than a lot of songs on the album and it's a bonus track?! Not really innovative or anything but extremely catchy.

I really dig this one. Not sure what all the complaints are about.

1663194217384-png.22280
Lots of blatant Maiden ripoffs, doesn’t recapture the style of the original Land Of The Free. It’s still good, just not great.

I also think it's too long, you could cut some 3 tracks. It's very chorus-driven throughout and 12 songs is too much of that. And like Jer said, it has a ton of rip-offs which make it feel cheaper even when the songs are actually pretty strong.
A bit too long, yeah. Maybe remove 10 minutes or two songs. I don't think that any of them are that bad though. I read quite a few reviews of the album and everyone seems to have a different take on what the best tracks are. My top 3 is Into the Storm, Real World, and Rain.

A bit too long, yeah. Maybe remove 10 minutes or two songs. I don't think that any of them are that bad though. I read quite a few reviews of the album and everyone seems to have a different take on what the best tracks are. My top 3 is Into the Storm, Real World, and Rain.
Yeah, that's what I saw too. There isn't really a consensus like with SOIS. Mine are To Mother Earth, Rain and When the World.

Why they changed the album covers of the first two albums?
For the first 3 albums, actually (for Land Of The Free 1995 album too). I guess they wanted all of their albums to have a cover with their mascot and to maintain the fantasy theme. The new covers are better than the original ones imo.

Back