LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Legacy show looks fantastic in dark arenas. But since they like to play so many festivals/outdoor shows during daylight maybe they could rethink their stage design? I know, they are old and set in their ways, not many tours left, etc. Just a thought...
I was just going to say this, instead of building a production that looks great indoors how about rethink this concept and create something that looks great in summer outdoors where they will play the majority of there sets in daylight

I find the “Nights of the Dead” CD funny because I remember holding it in my hand and thinking it looked classy and elaborately done.
And then I got to the audio and was like :wtf:
I still have a hard time believing Rod, Steve, Bruce - whomever - said "this sounds good" and signed off on it...

I find the “Nights of the Dead” CD funny because I remember holding it in my hand and thinking it looked classy and elaborately done.
And then I got to the audio and was like :wtf:

The packaging is fantastic (cover aside). The audio content was Tony and Steve’s responsibility…

1657530254073.gif

I find it hard to really judge performances when all I can hear is that goddamn clacky bass, snare drum with overtones intact (seriously it sounds like what I hear when I play the drums, just noise) and vocals. Rhythm guitars far lower than the bass. Bass drum barely present, toms not really, Nicko keeping time on the hi-hat is almost as loud as the ride cymbal. Unbelievably sloppy. Really makes me wish for Shirley's return - the 2013 proshots with his mixes were fantastic in comparison.

Bruce sounded great in Stratego but I find it hard to say anything else about it. It sounded like Nicko's not really dealing with the bass drum part but his playing also sounds much rougher than it is because of the woeful mixing job. But of course the cheap synths that were the peak of technology in the 80s sound loud and clear.

I watched the videos from the Download festival and the sound is :wtf: for me. There are no dynamics, energy or reverb. I hate this kind of production. But, Maiden sound was similar for all the bands that in Hellfest this year. It's like the pandemic of Covid-19 has killed all the sound-engineers aptitudes to create powerful sounds for metal bands. That's weird. As the guys who caught this fucking illness had a new symptom which is doing a complete mess with mixes and masterings.

Kevin Shirley is much missed in these instances.
I pretty much agree. I love the sounds of live albums that Maiden has recorded thanks to Kevin between 2001 and 2011 (Rock In Rio, Death On The Road, Flight 666, En Vivo). Since The Book Of Souls - The Live Chapter, the sound is not punchy. There's a cruel lack of energy and dynamics. It doesn't correspond to the music of our favorite band anymore. That's a real shame. We should create a petition to have Kevin back on board for the live shows and to throw Tony Newton and Ade Emsley overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back