LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll come up with something completely different for America later this summer. Possibly that's exactly the point the Senjutsu tour starts.

I don't think they were keen on the idea of doing 2 different tours in the same year. Without looking I think 2022 will be the most dates they've played in a year for a while. Was it money driven to add more NA dates? They say it was to hit places in NA they didn't with Legacy before. Perhaps after 2 years of nothing they wanted to give some NA fans a chance to see them again instead of waiting until 2023.

Maybe they'll come up with something completely different for America later this summer. Possibly that's exactly the point the Senjutsu tour starts.
The only way I think this is plausible is because they have an entire month off between the European leg ending and Central/South America's leg commencing. But, knowing this band, it'll be the same as the Euro set.

I do side with Diesel's post though, I just want to see Maiden. :D

I don't think they were keen on the idea of doing 2 different tours in the same year. Without looking I think 2022 will be the most dates they've played in a year for a while. Was it money driven to add more NA dates? They say it was to hit places in NA they didn't with Legacy before. Perhaps after 2 years of nothing they wanted to give some NA fans a chance to see them again instead of waiting until 2023.
The only thing i can think of is the USA are not a new song crowd for the most part and they don't want to do an extensive senjutsu tour there. Its possible doing a larger run with legacy this year was there preferred option and whatever they decide to do in 2023 the Senjutsu leg will only be your typical 10 or so dates in the largest markets

Either way i don't expext many NA dates at all next year they don't take on back to back large tours there no more

The only way I think this is plausible is because they have an entire month off between the European leg ending and Central/South America's leg commencing. But, knowing this band, it'll be the same as the Euro set.
Exactly that was the point that made me think, indeed. It makes sense also from a different point of view:
Their schedule is pretty tight yet as they announced a full Senjutsu album tour for the future to come. They are not young anymore plus they have a lot of plans for the future. Would they really let a full month go for nothing while already touring? (shedloads of money laying waste on ice during that time...)
That major gap caused major question marks to me from the very beginning of the announcement of this tour. I have a strong feeling it means something. The fact that they could use their stage design even now for a Senjutsu album tour hints even more towards that direction.
It wouldn't even surprise me if they now were already well prepared to come out with the full Senjutsu album live on stage cause they stayed for an unusual long time in Split, Croatia to get prepared. So they might use the month break to freshen things up and go into the production finals for their album tour.

More than that Bruce probably will want to claim some time for himself to promote his upcoming solo album, so there are even several reasons why I can't see them shifting their album tour to a later, undefined point of time. I somehow have a feeling there will be at least a few Bruce solo gigs, at least differently to what we had (or better: did not have) around Tyranny Of Souls. And why would Bruce come across Maiden plans with his solo release and vice versa.

Last edited:
The only thing i can think of is the USA are not a new song crowd for the most part and they don't want to do an extensive senjutsu tour there. Its possible doing a larger run with legacy this year was there preferred option and whatever they decide to do in 2023 the Senjutsu leg will only be your typical 10 or so dates in the largest markets

Either way i don't expext many NA dates at all next year they don't take on back to back large tours there no more
You may very well be right. If they are going to play the whole album for the Senjutsu tour there won’t be that many dates. If they are in striking distance to me you bet I will be there.

The 2022 tour is named and sold as LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR - 2022, so the Americas leg is going to be the same as the Euro leg despite the 3-4 week break between July and August. Fans are buying tickets to the LOTB tour and Maiden will not change in the middle of the tour or give their fans something different that they are expecting and paid for. Best get to the nearest show. I do expect a Senjutsu tour starting late spring/summer in 2023 for Europe and North America though. With the world shut down for 2+ years they had to reschedule the final leg of LOTB which they then rescheduled and expanded and also had to wait to release the new album. If they are going to tour to support Senjutsu specifically they can't wait much longer than 2023 to do so IMHO. And I can see that being their last tour ever maybe.

I have tickets for October but honestly when I bought them I thought they were Senjutsu tour tickets and I wish they were. Guess I’ll have to get Senjutsu tickets they will almost certainly play a gig in the New York metro area.

I was at the Brazil show in 2001 on the Brave New world Tour. The energy was crazy. Best live show of any I've ever seen really. There was so many people it was impossible to get close to the stage.. Was still amazing.

On a side note, I don't have permissions to make my own posts, so can I post something here including links? I'm taking part in a contest and need some Maiden fans to help out!

I saw a Who farewell concert in the late 1980s so most ‘farewell’ tours seem like bullshit to me. Kiss has been working it like the Going Out of Business store from Don’t Mess With the Zohan.
Well, hey, I live in Chicago and LiveNation sent me an offer for $20 pavilion seats in Milwaukee about an hour-and-a-half north of me for Kiss. Really is an "everything must go" sort of deal.

I have tickets for October but honestly when I bought them I thought they were Senjutsu tour tickets and I wish they were. Guess I’ll have to get Senjutsu tickets they will almost certainly play a gig in the New York metro area.

I am sympathetic for the ‘mix up’ but how the heck did you buy tickets not knowing? It’s always been billed as LOTB in the press release, and I even had to pre register to get the tickets- adding another layer of LOTB verbiage.

Im the opposite in a way- I’m sort of surprised they added new songs to the set.

I’m happy about it- but surprised.

I am sympathetic for the ‘mix up’ but how the heck did you buy tickets not knowing? It’s always been billed as LOTB in the press release, and I even had to pre register to get the tickets- adding another layer of LOTB verbiage.

Im the opposite in a way- I’m sort of surprised they added new songs to the set.

I’m happy about it- but surprised.
Honestly after 35 years since my last (and only) IM concert I just pounced without reading any details.
Impulse purchase.

I don’t think a Senjutsu tour next year will be the last. Don’t know if we will get another album or not (hope we do) but Bruce seems to think they are not done yet. Will see how things go.

I don’t think a Senjutsu tour next year will be the last. Don’t know if we will get another album or not (hope we do) but Bruce seems to think they are not done yet. Will see how things go.
I will say they will record another for certain . Bruce did mention them wanting to record another but couldnt logistically make it work with all the restrictions. And with time ticking on there career they wont want to wait too long.

I would say with all the downtime there is quite a few ideas floating around, the album is new to us but over 3 years old for them.
who knows maybe they want to go down the path of recording early 2023 before the next tour for a 2024 release, much like they had planned for Senjutsu (recording in 2019 for a 2020 release)

I don't think Maiden's going to be a band to do an official farewell tour or anything, but I don't think they'll have their last tour be a tour for an album they're 18 months late in promoting.
it would actually be a very Maiden thing to do, release album 18 for a 2024/25 tour and call it a day, Cant see them dragging out 2 year world tour to end it with no new music since Senjutsu 2021.

I'm going to stick with the timeline being back to back album tours, whatever brief run of dates we get next year will be followed by an album and tour 2024. I cant see them doing another extensive nostelgia type tour so soon

I agree. I do think they're itching to (even Bruce, despite him being preoccupied with his solo album) get back into the studio and can see some studio time being booked for late-2023.

Keep the proper Senjutsu Tour to ~50 global dates next year then do the full on two-year tour for Album #18 in 2024-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back