LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounded great in Atlanta 2019
Bruce sounds ok in the few USA clips on Youtube I've listened to. A good example is the Hartford show less than two weeks after the Atlanta gig (with the exception of The Evil That Men Do all songs sound way better than NOTD).

Bruce is doing fine. He is 63 years old who sings difficult and high pitched songs in the original keys. They should tune down half a step, but they can still pull it off and ultimately I'm happy either way just enjoying the little time they have left as a live band.
Certainly if Maiden played the same songs at a lower key (as you mentioned) added to slowing down some tracks the time they have as a live band would be larger. And they can still barely pull it of... it's noticeable some members struggle due to absolutely natural causes. So I really don't understand why the band insists on punishing themselves this way. But hey... it's their call.

It's interesting. I think this RTTH in Romania is better than most of the 2019 performances of that song vocally (never mind the absurdly slow tempo especially during the bridge after solo).

Yup... he seems to really nail it here. RTTH is a song Bruce normally deals with fine despite the high notes at the chorus.
And my judgement... Aces High is far more difficult song to sing than RTTH.
Once again 100% agreed.

Of course he can. He sounded pretty good on it in RIR 2019 imo, although he was not in full force and it was the end of the tour (he sings better now!). Overall, he sounded good in 2019. 2018 leg of the tour was a highlight for Bruce and the live album should have been from this year.

Btw, is Adrian still playing the harmony in Sign Of The Cross along with Janick? I love his inclusion during this part.
Yes he is. Pre-chorus and the third section in the "jump" part after Jan's solo. Pure genius, the latter, I like studio version also but this addition live is phenomenal.

Bruce sounds ok in the few USA clips on Youtube I've listened to. A good example is the Hartford show less than two weeks after the Atlanta gig (with the exception of The Evil That Men Do all songs sound way better than NOTD).
He sounded great in Nashville in 2019.

That's just bad. That song shouldn't be anywhere near the setlist anymore never mind in the encores, I'm sad to admit. I just don't think Bruce is up to it anymore, and it's nothing to be ashamed of he is 64 after all. They need to start being realistic with their setlists.

Shove in Tailgunner or something instead if you must insist on using the inflatable.

Seems like there's a pattern developing where he's off on Aces one night, then the next gig he makes it work, then the next gig he's really off, and now he's better again. Good to hear it sounds like the tempo picked up.

Seems like there's a pattern developing where he's off on Aces one night, then the next gig he makes it work, then the next gig he's really off, and now he's better again. Good to hear it sounds like the tempo picked up.
4 days between shows would do wonders for his voice. He will struggle with it immensely when the back to back shows start happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back