LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The keyboards in Senjutsu and Stratego are really loud live (like in the album). Great.

In recent tours, the keyboards were really loud for other songs too - TRATB, SSOASS, Blood Brothers...

I haven't heard and checked any live-versions of the 3 Senjutsu songs (yet), I think I will keep and save it to this saturday, when I will hear and experience those songs live.

I have always hoped to hear AC intro played live (instead of tape)..I suppose it will never happen.
Even if they have Churchill's Speech there when AC is played live, they still could play the intro live.
What if they would start the show with Churchill's Speech... LIVE. :ninja:

Guys, let's be honest: Bruce simply can't handle Aces High anymore, no matter at what position on the set they play it.
In 2018 and a portion of 2019's gigs he still pulled it decently at the start of the show. BTW placing Aces High and Where Eagles Dare at the beginning of the show wasn't casual. IMO they're by far the two more demanding tunes to sing from that setlist.

His performances back in 2019 were 'okish', but now I think it's time to accept that he can't handle it anymore.
Early shows he did really well. The last dates were abyssal (due to reasons well known).

Bruce was also struggling to sing TETMD back in 2019, FTGGOG, The Trooper and sometimes WED.
Once again it wasn't only the aforementioned songs Bruce was struggling with by the end of the the tour: it was simply every single song in the set (once again taking in account his health). Just check Night Of The Dead or Rock In Rio 2019... it's painful. And "sometimes WED"? WED was one that suffered more due to his condition.

On the other hand, songs like Revelations, TWOW, SOTC and The Clansman are all fine.
Don't want to beat a dead horse but go check those songs at 2019's final leg (with obviously the exception of TWOTW). They're far from being fine.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I really think Aces High shouldn't be played at all. And yes, the fact that it is the last song on the set makes it even more ridiculous.
Yes, as I said before Aces High is one of the most demanding songs to sing. But if the band starts cutting songs that Bruce can't pull on a bad day or further down the road when his voice starts to get tired they'll be left with little to play. Plus it's one of the highest points on the show (both song and props are among the very best ever in the band's career).

That being said I think they have to be smart and I truly agree with you when you say they're stubborn by not maximizing what they can still work with and most importantly how they can work it out. I wouldn't say they are a parody of themselves if they do otherwise. But either by refusing to downtune or making an setlist that better fits the absolutely normal limitations product of aging and atrition as tour dates pile in the probabilities of getting gigs like the late 2019 ones increase drastically and man I don't ever want to listen to Maiden (especially Bruce) to sound that way. Because I know they still have a lot of gas in their tank and the trick is to know how to use it properly. Because IMO the band sounded better in 2018 than in 2016 (especially Bruce and e did so while singing overall more demanding tunes).

Last edited:
I've just attempted to wade through some X Factor tour videos. I'll take Bruce on his worst day over that.
Dear God... Blaze back then singing tunes like The Evil That Men Do, Heaven Can Wait, Hallowed Be Thy Name or even Iron Maiden and Running Free was the stuff nightmares are made of. He even went out of key on some of The X Factor's songs. But then again props to Blaze: he matured in the following years and was smart by playing Maiden songs downtuned (something Maiden should be doing by now). The result is simple: he sounds quite good while singing the very same songs nowadays.

Was Bruce really that bad in 2019? I know NOTD is a bad live album but I saw them three times in Canada (Montreal, QC and TO) and the Toronto performance was probably the best time I've ever seen them! I haven't really watched any videos back though.

Was Bruce really that bad in 2019? I know NOTD is a bad live album but I saw them three times in Canada (Montreal, QC and TO) and the Toronto performance was probably the best time I've ever seen them! I haven't really watched any videos back though.
Was in Tallinn, Helsinki night 1 and Zagreb in 2018 and both nights at Molson in Toronto and can tell you he was much worse than 2018.

I think it's the placement of it. Bruce could still belt it our as an opener.
Of course he can. He sounded pretty good on it in RIR 2019 imo, although he was not in full force and it was the end of the tour (he sings better now!). Overall, he sounded good in 2019. 2018 leg of the tour was a highlight for Bruce and the live album should have been from this year.

Btw, is Adrian still playing the harmony in Sign Of The Cross along with Janick? I love his inclusion during this part.

Last edited:
He was a bit up and down. In Chile he sounded very good judging from youtube clips. The first shows were rusty. I wonder if he was sick or if it simply was a rough start.

Bruce is doing fine. He is 63 years old who sings difficult and high pitched songs in the original keys. They should tune down half a step, but they can still pull it off and ultimately I'm happy either way just enjoying the little time they have left as a live band.

He was a bit up and down. In Chile he sounded very good judging from youtube clips. The first shows were rusty. I wonder if he was sick or if it simply was a rough start.
I think a lot can be contributed to the timeline of recording Senjutsu, going straight to rehearsals and then straight on tour.

But yeah, the 2018 leg was Bruce's best vocal shape since cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back