LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sludgy? It would not sound like Sleep or Electric Wizzard, worry not.
It would however help bruce nail those notes and it would sound way more balanced.
Megadeth abuses this but Iron Maiden could do it half step down and nobody would notice
Been to a Kiss concert where they were playing in their standard Eb tuning and then again a few years later when they went another step down to help Paul Stanley. Worst sounding performance I ever heard - and it wasn't the mix.

cmon man, muscle memory?

It matters. It's why musicians pracitice. It's what enables them to convey the emotion of the moment, and to deliver a performance, rather than concentrating on the technicalities. Reasonably sure I've seen a clip of Bruce himself talking about it on his spoken word tour.

There's little to be gained from tuning down a step or a half step - just the occasional top note becoming a little easier to reach, and it doesn't stand to reason that that step has been gained at the bottom.

If they do smaller venues, as Bruce has suggested, they could absolutely do an extensive US tour next year.
When was the last time the band did back to back extensive USA tours? I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be highly disappointed next year. I'm sticking with the USA only getting 10 shows in the bigger markets and more South American shows.

It matters. It's why musicians pracitice. It's what enables them to convey the emotion of the moment, and to deliver a performance, rather than concentrating on the technicalities.

There's little to be gained from tuning down a step or a half step - just the occasional top note becoming a little easier to reach, and it doesn't stand to reason that that step has been gained at the bottom.
I know it matters, I'm also a musician. What I'm telling you is that it doesn't matter all that much in the sense that the melody line will still be the same, only slightly down tuned, he will be able to do it more comfortably. All the training is applied here anyway.
And i beg to differ on that statement entirely, you get muscle memory to understand the map where you can play around, the emotion comes when you can swim that ocean without thinking about it. That is why Bruce does alternate takes on Aces High to where he is comfortable, he can swim around it and play with it but has no gas to deliver what he wants to in his mind. If they down tuned, he would be able to.
He could also be more creative to how he approaches that, but in a live situation everything is harder than in theory of course.
I guess in rehearsals he was more than able to do it like he wanted, but no can do after 14 songs in a live setting where it is way more tiring

I think there is a chance of a small run of dates in NA for the album tour. Australia, NZ and Asia are definitely destinations they most probably will visit next year, but why they can't perform the whole album there? Every tour is different, Maiden have already expressed plans of playing the whole album live, so no one should be surprised. And Bruce said they will do arenas (not a ''play classics'' crowd, I guess) for the hardcore fans.

I saw both shows in NZ in 2016, they are more of a play classics crowd. The band isn't really huge there. The show in Auckland held about 12,000 and the week leading up to the show offered special discounted tickets to sell the rest. Senjutsu in full isn't what that market wants the band know that

Is this tour with smallest amount of Eddies backdrops? Only 3 songs had Eddie as a backdrop central figure.
Actually, they are 4 songs - Sign Of The Cross, Trooper, Clansman and Run To The Hills.

Here are the statistics:

Backdrops with Eddies through the years:

*includes all legs!

LOTB tour 2018/2019 - 6
TBOS tour - 8
ME tour - 11
TFF tour - 11
SBIT tour - 6
AMOLAD tour - 5
Early Days tour - 9
DOD tour - 5
GME tour - 7
BNW tour - 4
TEH tour - 4
VXI tour - 4
TXF tour - 2
Real Live tour - 7
FOTD tour - 8
NPOTR tour - 6
STOAST - 0
SOT - 0
WST - 1
WPT - 1
TBOTR tour - 1
Killer tour - 1
IM tour - 1

When was the last time the band did back to back extensive USA tours? I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be highly disappointed next year. I'm sticking with the USA only getting 10 shows in the bigger markets and more South American shows.
Off the top of my head... 91-92? Don't think Ed Hunter or TBoS 2016 would count.

If that’s the case the closest they might play near me would be Ft. Lauderdale. Hopefully I could make that trek

Off the top of my head... 91-92? Don't think Ed Hunter or TBoS 2016 would count.
2016 there was only stops in 8 US cities. They havnt done extensive back to back in the entire time Bruce has returned there pattern is usually one extensive and one with select shows. There NA tour will be pretty brief next year for sure.

Has to make a profit though. In terms of production costs and band salaries and all of that fun stuff, it'd be hard to do that in a theater capacity without gouging the hell out of your fans. If it's a tour of smaller venues, I can see them getting in and getting out of the continent with ~10 dates.
People automatically assumed Bruce mentioning smaller venues = theaters and that will not be the case they will never be a theater band again.

He would have meant its not a show you take to festivals or on an outdoor summer stadium tour. There are enough hardcore fans out there to easily sell out your typical arenas especially if the tour isn't as extensive and more people will travel etc.

But make no mistake senjutsu in full will still be in arenas much like amolad was

Ah man, I may moan for days but I hunger so badly for this I will eat it and lick my fingers afterwards, even if no Aces High (Notes).
Just really need to manage expectations since I will only see the last day of the european tour, 2 months to go still...
Hope they can still bring some energy

People automatically assumed Bruce mentioning smaller venues = theaters and that will not be the case they will never be a theater band again.
I think there's yet another layer of misquoting here and what Bruce actually said was a tour in smaller scale, as in less dates but not necessarily saying anything about the size of the venues. So essentially a normal album tour rather than the massive TBOS trek where they were ultimately trying to recoup from losses incurred from not touring in 2015.

All in all, I think we'll see 60 dates in total for Senjutsu next year and then the band will go on break until late-2024 (new album?) I recognize the end is near, but lately I've been thinking the end's not as close as we might think it is.

All in all, I think we'll see 60 dates in total for Senjutsu next year and then the band will go on break until late-2024 (new album?) I recognize the end is near, but lately I've been thinking the end's not as close as we might think it is.
I don't know. I think they'll book dates for the next year at the end of this year and maybe it'll be similar to TBOS tour: first leg 2023. february - august, second leg 2024. april - july. I'm saying this based on what I could hear from Zagreb show and yesterday's show - all though some minuses, they really don't sound like a band that is retiring... Yet... We'll see, maybe they totally mess something up by the end of this tour (I hope they don't), so there can't be anymore 100+-date-long tours...

Are there specific recordings from the recent tours and shows that would indicate slower tempos? Has it happened all along or when it started actually?
Are those tempo changes dramatically slower? Really?

Are there specific recordings from the recent tours and shows that would indicate slower tempos? Has it happened all along or when it started actually?
Live at a Beast Inside Mexico The Legacy During Nights or whatever the hell that album is called seems to be a touch slower on some songs. But my slower it’s more “closer to album speed” than actually slowing down.

They have been much more conservative with tempos since 2012, when Nicko started using a metronome to get a tempo before counting off the song. However, this year Aces High is the slowest it's ever been. Here's my quick analysis.

I chose a few different versions from over the years, and tapped out the tempo on my metronome in the section leading up to the guitar solos and through the last chorus. It's all very approximate because they don't use a click so the tempo varies quite a bit throughout the song.

Live After Death: 260-270bpm
Mumbai 2008: 255-265bpm
Knebworth 2014: 245-255 bpm
Tallinn 2018: 245-255 bpm
Rock in Rio 2019: 240-255bpm
Zagreb 2022: 230-240bpm

They have been much more conservative with tempos since 2012, when Nicko started using a metronome to get a tempo before counting off the song.

I didn't know this. It was also around that time when they talked about "choking the life out of songs by playing them too fast" on the History of Iron Maiden Part 3 video, I wonder if that spurred Nicko into using the metronome?

I didn't know this. It was also around that time when they talked about "choking the life out of songs by playing them too fast" on the History of Iron Maiden Part 3 video, I wonder if that spurred Nicko into using the metronome?
Maybe more simplistic drum arrangements could save Aces and FOTD and TNOTB? Like on Virtual XI? That way Nicko could play them closer to album speed, and livebit wouldn't sound so awkward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back