LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled: Kusturica russia.
Voila:
"Sarajevo-born Serbian film director Emir Kusturica said in Belgrade on Thursday that he believes the war in Ukraine represents a war against Eastern Orthodoxy which was “prepared with the assistance of the Pentagon” and accused Ukraine of having a “pro-Nazi” government. "

Kusturica can go into russian warship direction.

Ah it wasn't meant to be political, for me Balkans is Kusturica's movies, that's all. By the way I think he used to be Muslim Bosnian by birth and he converted to Orthodox and moved to Serbia. Serbian by choice.

And I will not be mistaken, if I say that in Balkan's there's some- not so small - level of support for f*** russia. Such a shame.

Not sure for the whole Balkans but in Serbia and Greece there are many. In part due to religion.

I disagree about that. :p Brave New World Eddie makes for a beautiful backdrop, but the cathedral set and the stained glass background looks a lot better in my opinion. As it was with For the Greater Good of God, the stage and the lights are very beautiful during Blood Brothers. :)
The cathedral backdrop indeed looks awesome (main feature in the set) and I get why it is used for more than one song, but it's just that Maiden can create 15 great backdrops for 15 different songs. ;) I'm not a big fan of using the same backdrop for a couple of songs though, especially if we consider the artworks of Maiden.

This is not good vocally. At least it seems that they picked up the tempo a tad.

At least H played the Revelations solo again...

I think it sounds good. Of course Bruce doesn't hit the high notes on the chorus, but at least he is professional and smart enough musically to know it's not going to happen so he sings the harmony a third lower. So it didn't clash and didn't sound strained or flat.

Makes perfect sense to me. I imagine they are playing these 3 songs now as the current tour dates, especially the upcoming US dates, are more the play classics crowd who would not want a full album tour so this is all their getting from Senjutsu. I may be wrong but that’s my take.

Likely they will stick to the U.K., South America, parts of Asia (Defo Japan) and selected parts of Europe if they do a full Senjutsu album tour.

there is no way they are doing an extensive USA tour next year so for most people this will be the only chance they get to see a taste of senjutsu and the new stage set. Im willing to bet wherever they play NA will get less than 10 shows in the massive markets only ( LA, NY )

I still question if they will play the entire Album tho with rumors of Australia, NZ, Asia and other territories hardly visited they are not places you will preform a new album in its entirety

there is no way they are doing an extensive USA tour next year so for most people this will be the only chance they get to see a taste of senjutsu and the new stage set. Im willing to bet wherever they play NA will get less than 10 shows in the massive markets only ( LA, NY )

I still question if they will play the entire Album tho with rumors of Australia, NZ, Asia and other territories hardly visited they are not places you will preform a new album in its entirety
I think there is a chance of a small run of dates in NA for the album tour. Australia, NZ and Asia are definitely destinations they most probably will visit next year, but why they can't perform the whole album there? Every tour is different, Maiden have already expressed plans of playing the whole album live, so no one should be surprised. And Bruce said they will do arenas (not a ''play classics'' crowd, I guess) for the hardcore fans.

If they do smaller venues, as Bruce has suggested, they could absolutely do an extensive US tour next year.

Is this tour with smallest amount of Eddies backdrops? Only 3 songs had Eddie as a backdrop central figure.

Regarding the Aces High discussion...Bruce doesn't sound great. He's doing his best. I think he's doing better than he was a few years ago on it, but I still wish it moved somewhere else in the set.
Or they just tuned down like every other smart band in the world does

The bigger crime, IMO, is Nicko's ludicrously slow tempo.

If they do smaller venues, as Bruce has suggested, they could absolutely do an extensive US tour next year.
Has to make a profit though. In terms of production costs and band salaries and all of that fun stuff, it'd be hard to do that in a theater capacity without gouging the hell out of your fans. If it's a tour of smaller venues, I can see them getting in and getting out of the continent with ~10 dates.

Regarding the Aces High discussion...Bruce doesn't sound great. He's doing his best. I think he's doing better than he was a few years ago on it, but I still wish it moved somewhere else in the set.

The bigger crime, IMO, is Nicko's ludicrously slow tempo.
He's a 70 years old man. He isn't as fit as when he was 30 years old. Plus, he said that he couldn't play as fast anymore because of his knees and wrists joints.

I'm still in two minds over this. Some Maiden songs sound pretty good tuned down (Writing on the Wall sounds fucking awesome a half or whole step down), but others just sound weird and very unlike Maiden. I wouldn't really want to hear everything tuned down, but I imagine tuning down for say, half the set would still help put less overall strain on Bruce's voice.

He's a 70 years old man. He isn't as fit as when he was 30 years old. Plus, he said that he couldn't play as fast anymore because of his knees and wrists joints.
No offense to the man, whom I love and is amazing, but if he's literally dragging the band down then maybe they need a new touring drummer.
I'm still in two minds over this. Some Maiden songs sound pretty good tuned down (Writing on the Wall sounds fucking awesome a half or whole step down), but others just sound weird and very unlike Maiden. I wouldn't really want to hear everything tuned down, but I imagine tuning down for say, half the set would still help put less overall strain on Bruce's voice.
I'm worried if Maiden were to downtune some of the songs would turn into a sludgy mess. If you asked me, I'd rather have 14-15 songs in the normal tuning than 16 songs in a lower tuning.
They don't need to tune down on everything. Bruce still sounds very good on a majority of the material. But some of those old songs where he was always stretching (Aces, Hallowed, Trooper, RTTH) would benefit a ton from going to half-step.

I'm worried if Maiden were to downtune some of the songs would turn into a sludgy mess. If you asked me, I'd rather have 14-15 songs in the normal tuning than 16 songs in a lower tuning.
Sludgy? It would not sound like Sleep or Electric Wizzard, worry not.
It would however help bruce nail those notes and it would sound way more balanced.
Megadeth abuses this but Iron Maiden could do it half step down and nobody would notice

This is debatable. Downtuning would wipe out the benefits of muscle memory at a stroke.
cmon man, muscle memory? Bruce is a masterful musician, he can sing on pitch and adapt to the melody heard, do you not hear the example on aces high? He does harmonies on lower keys adapting his capability at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back