LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that when I saw their itinerary and that they were playing in Barcelona and Lisbon during the school holidays but then decided not to make plans based on Maiden's touring schedule. Seeing tonight's setlist it seems I was right: I would have struggled to answer my daughter's question by the end of the show: "Why is the singer dressed up like that and sounding like a strangled cat?"
Aw. Still reserving my judgment for catching everything on Youtube, and seeing how they go a couple of shows in.

I have doubts about any conventional album tour for Senjutsu, unless they do it next year. They've premiered three of the songs as part of LOTB, and Senjutsu won't be a very new album by time they hit the road again.#

If they do, though, count me in.
The only resonable would be to do the full album.

Actually, I'm quite satisfied with the setlist on paper. At their level, the balance is quite hard to find. If it were for me, I would switch TNOTB and FOTD and replace "Sign of the Cross" with a shorter epic, like Phantom for example, and add a not-too vocally demanding shorter song, like "Killers".

I can actually see next years set staying similar, possibly just cut the 2 blaze songs for 2 of the steves epics and blood brothers wont survive either, but something tells me this is looking like something they will take down under to asia, nz, aus etc its custom built for 2023 and wont be hard to add in more from Senjutsu when they feel like it

Actually, I'm quite satisfied with the setlist on paper. At their level, the balance is quite hard to find. If it were for me, I would switch TNOTB and FOTD and replace "Sign of the Cross" with a shorter epic, like Phantom for example, and add a not-too vocally demanding shorter song, like "Killers".
Yes. A short song (3 minutes) among the first seven would be great!

CSIT and Be Quick or Be Dead, maybe.
Mmmmmm I get your point... two excellent openers but overall (and IMO) nah. First I must say these are two amazing tunes. Now, BQOBD is heavier, faster and energetic but hasn't got that pomp, and lacks the sing along factor. CSIT has as much pomp as Aces High (if not more) but hasn't got that catchy sing along chorus and the intro (although being gorgeous... man I livo that thing!) kinda flows into the galloping verses while Aces is a no warning speedster.

Might not be a popular view, but I'm chuffed with Senjutsu as an opener. I predicted it as a potential show opener when I first heard it. Powerful drumming, that build up, lights go up, band unveiled. Good move, I say, and far more original than going with one of the 'classics'.

While I'm sad to see there's no SSOASS or SIT tracks, they did do the Maiden England tour not that long ago.

For all the complaining on here in reality, the set change is minimal. Just 3 new songs at the beginning and the original opener now the closer. It's not exactly the end of the world.

And personally I think Senjutsu is an awesome opener and I can't wait to see it at Download this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back