Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I'm reading from the tour poster:

Revelations (cathedral), Aces High (spitfire), Trooper (Eddie 1), Senjutsu (Eddie 2), Two Minutes to Midnight (mushroom cloud), Flight of Icarus (Icarus), Where Eagles Dare (eagle), Writing on the Wall (motorbikes), Fear of the Dark (lantern). Guess the figure on the origami horse points to Stratego. Not sure what to make of the pit in the middle. If we're going by a reference to "hell" we only have about a good dozen of Maiden songs to pick from. None of the poses of the figures or the hand gestures seem to point to anything specific.
The eagle is a vulture(?), same as in the video for WOTW. The pit in the middle is maybe just Hell, one of the realms of the show.

Here's what I'm reading from the tour poster:

Revelations (cathedral), Aces High (spitfire), Trooper (Eddie 1), Senjutsu (Eddie 2), Two Minutes to Midnight (mushroom cloud), Flight of Icarus (Icarus), Where Eagles Dare (eagle), Writing on the Wall (motorbikes), Fear of the Dark (lantern). Guess the figure on the origami horse points to Stratego. Not sure what to make of the pit in the middle. If we're going by a reference to "hell" we only have about a good dozen of Maiden songs to pick from. None of the poses of the figures or the hand gestures seem to point to anything specific.

the tour poster doesn't nescessarily have to refer to the songs in the setlist. I take it more as a visual reflection on their themes and topics in general and in common. plus I'm sure the artwork was in the sack already before they got together for rehearsals.

the tour poster doesn't nescessarily have to refer to the songs in the setlist. I take it more as a visual reflection on their themes and topics in general and in common. plus I'm sure the artwork was in the sack already before they got together for rehearsals.
It always, always refers to songs in the setlist no matter how many times we have this conversation. This was a major talking point before the first LotB show and a lot of people (myself included) were convinced the hints in the teaser image either weren't specific or were referencing a theme rather than a song or otherwise misinterpreting them. Wrong! That teaser was full of hints and nobody got all of them.

Same with the WOTW thing. A lot of people insisted (myself included) it was just a simplistic "haha, writing on the wall, get it?" joke when it was actually a tease for the lead single of the next album. It's never a vague, nonspecific teaser or whatever with this band because they know we'll always overanalyze everything.

"Paschendale" would fit the current times.
I found that:
Steve Harris: "Adrian had the idea for it. I helped arrange it and develop it to where I thought it should be. But yeah, it's just a great, epic song. It was also great fun to play, but you had to concentrate! I was very happy with the end result. I would definitely love to play it live again."
(from Classic Rock, German edition, my translation)

"Paschendale" would fit the current times.
I found that:
Steve Harris: "Adrian had the idea for it. I helped arrange it and develop it to where I thought it should be. But yeah, it's just a great, epic song. It was also great fun to play, but you had to concentrate! I was very happy with the end result. I would definitely love to play it live again."
(from Classic Rock, German edition, my translation)
It's really curious if they will play Paschendale again after the mistakes during TFF tour 2010 leg. It seems Steve has no problem with that. Btw, from which year is this interview? Can you share a link?

Are there videos on YT of this mistakes in Paschendale?
Search for Iron Maiden Pachendale 2010. There should be around 5 performances. I think the worst one is when Nicko stops a few measures too early, band follows and Bruce sings "Tell the tale of Paschendale" acapella.

At 4:50. Happened both in Dallas and in San Antonio.

Still can't understand why they decided to rotate 2 of the longest and hardest songs in the set and not do it with something like Wildest Dreams and Rainmaker.

Search for Iron Maiden Pachendale 2010. There should be around 5 performances. I think the worst one is when Nicko stops a few measures too early, band follows and Bruce sings "Tell the tale of Paschendale" acapella.

At 4:50. Happened both in Dallas and in San Antonio.

Still can't understand why they decided to rotate 2 of the longest and hardest songs in the set and not do it with something like Wildest Dreams and Rainmaker.
I'm adding a 'Like' to this because I think Rainmaker is a great song. Wildest Dreams is also catchy, but Rainmaker really hits the right notes for me.

It's really curious if they will play Paschendale again after the mistakes during TFF tour 2010 leg. It seems Steve has no problem with that. Btw, from which year is this interview? Can you share a link?
It is from Classic Rock Sonderheft Nr. 4, 2021. I don't think it is available online. I scanned the page.

I would like to hear Paschendale. Maybe Steve meant that they would concentrate next time. :D

Attachments

• Paschendale.pdf
    450.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Nicko completely stuffed up sign of the cross on that first leg badly and they didn't drop it. So I'm sure its not the reason its failed to make a set again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back