Bruce Dickinson

Interesting. I personally think that while AOB isn’t as consistent as TCW, it’s still very consistently great overall. Skunkworks is also strong, but I’m not the biggest fan of “Dreamstate” and “I Will Not Accept the Truth”. BTP meanwhile is probably my least favorite Bruce record, and “Fire” is his most forgettable album song.
Agree with almost everything you say here, though I still think Tattooed Millionaire is a worse album than Balls To Picasso.

Agree with almost everything you say here, though I still think Tattooed Millionaire is a worse album than Balls To Picasso.
Well “Lickin’ the Gun” and “Zulu Lulu” are pretty bah but I think it’s just a much more fun record than BTP. They weren’t giving much of a shit and I think that makes it more enjoyable than the songs would be otherwise.

Much worse.

First 3 are good tracks, and the last time I listened to All the Young Dudes it sounded like a better version than I had previously creditted it with being, but the rest goes from very average to awful.

Most of Balls to Picasso is pretty good, as said above Fire is the worst on it, and that's not bad at all compared to some of Tattooed Millionaire, Seaman Staines FFS

Much worse.

First 3 are good tracks, and the last time I listened to All the Young Dudes it sounded like a better version than I had previously creditted it with being, but the rest goes from very average to awful.

Most of Balls to Picasso is pretty good, as said above Fire is the worst on it, and that's not bad at all compared to some of Tattooed Millionaire, Seaman Staines FFS

Hear, hear!

Although it contains some great material (the first three tracks, the cover of All the Young Dudes, some inspired B-sides like Darkness be my Friend or Winds of Change), half of the material off Tattooed Millionaire is cringeworthy.

I am not @Magnus but my answer would be summarised in three words: The Chemical Wedding

The Chemical Wedding is a sacred album as far as I am concerned, but it wasn't released under Maiden label and many fans, myself included lost the thrill to discover it back in the day.

Had half the fans who bought Virtual XI, given to Chemical Wedding a listen, maybe the reunion thing would never happen.

My least favourite track on AOB is Welcome to the Pit. If they replaced it with Ghost Of Cain, it would be my favourite Bruce album.
The U.S. version of the album plops “The Ghost Of Cain” right between “Welcome To The Pit” and “Omega”, and it really makes the album flow better.

My least favourite track on AOB is Welcome to the Pit. If they replaced it with Ghost Of Cain, it would be my favourite Bruce album.
''The Ghost Of Cain'' should have been in the album. ''Welcome To The Pit'' has a big Psycho Motel vibe, this was Adrian's stuff at the time, so it would have been included for sure.

My least favorite song is ''Welcome To The Pit'' or ''Freak''.

Back