which one song would you definitely like to have back in the next setlist?

Not enough. I have seen every tour since 1996 and the song was only played on the Ed Hunter tour in 1999, the Somewhere Back in Time tour in 2008-2009, the Maiden England tour in 2012-2014, and the Book of Souls tour in 2016-2017.
Four tours is a lot. Especially ME which ran round the world twice.

Not enough for me. :D

Wrathchild and Fear of the Dark have been played live on too many tours though.
Indeed. Fear Of The Dark has been played on every tour (since it was first played on the Fear Of The Dark Tour 1992) except one (for obvious reasons it was left out from Eddie Rips Up The World Tour 2005, where all the songs were from the first 4 albums).

Breeg would be nice (it may not be the best song from the album but it's at least as good as the top ones IMO)

It showed some nice development for the band. There's little in the Maiden catalogue that sounds quite like it - refreshingly heavy, yet still melodic; some nice proggy twists in the instrumental passages; a slow intro that doesn't actually put you to sleep.

Hmmm....

From the older material, I'd be interested in Bring Your Daughter... to give Run to the Hills a break. As a fun closing song.

From the newer material, too many really. Dance of Death, I'll go with that one. Great building live song.

It showed some nice development for the band. There's little in the Maiden catalogue that sounds quite like it - refreshingly heavy, yet still melodic; some nice proggy twists in the instrumental passages;
True that. The intro is one of my favorites.

The whole song is absolutely dark and haunting. There's some X Factor vibes in the intro and when the whole thing explodes it gets really heavy. Nicko's performance is fantastic. Every single section is top notch.

It showed some nice development for the band. There's little in the Maiden catalogue that sounds quite like it - refreshingly heavy, yet still melodic; some nice proggy twists in the instrumental passages; a slow intro that doesn't actually put you to sleep.
It's funny how well Davey put it in I think the Abbey Road interview (where they didn't actually play Breeg but whatever), commenting on the band's newer material being heavy and riff-based while still retaining that nice melodic edge and the one song he contributed to on their then-latest album is basically that down to a T. Heavy but melodic.

e: In a way it applies to the whole AMOLAD album since there's a lot of glorious RIFF on those songs but always with catchy melodies, but I feel like Breeg in particular is the most perfect example of this type of songwriting.

Killers would be a great pick IMO. And something from Somewhere In Time is mandatory. Place Alexander The Great on the "War" section, I don't care about the issues the band has with the track. Despite the fact the tour's name being derivative from the game you simply can't have a Maiden tour with the word "Legacy" and zero SIT songs in it.
Couldn’t agree more. They even put SIT Eddie on the stain glass. I’m hoping after the Senjutsu tour that they revisit Somewhere on Tour. Probably won’t happen, but for now I’ll dream.

If they make any changes to Legacy of the Beast, these would be some interesting songs to put into the set.

War: Paschendale, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Longest Day, or The Legacy(for obvious reasons)

Religion: Judgement of Heaven, Heaven Can Wait, The Clairvoyant, The Unbeliever, or No Prayer For The Dying

Hell: Purgatory, Only the Good Die Young, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, The Fallen Angel, or From Hear to Eternity(I know it’s not a great song, but I like it)

I’d love to see the title track to The Book of Souls return to the set list at some point. I always hate how when there’s a new album and the previous album gets erased from the set list for a while.
That's because the classics take up a lot of space in the setlist. And add to that the new songs from the following album.
It's extra rough for anyone who'd want to hear TFF or TBOS songs in setlist rotation since it's almost a guarantee we won't get any. One of the downsides of actively producing music people really like this late into your career, I suppose.
We can't be sure, at least for the short rockers and I mean, FTGGOG was an unexpected surprise.

Back