Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that there's anything sad about them not selling out a show.
It's the fact that my favorite band is getting left behind like this that makes me sad, but maybe it's just me.

RIR 2022.jpg

A couple of new props? Bruce using a Japanese sword and Nicko playing some taiko drums?
New stage props? Only for the new songs imo.

Bruce using a Japanese sword - he is already busy with Trooper Eddie, so he will need another sword for Senjutsu Eddie.

Nicko playing some taiko drums - if it happens, it will be during the album tour, methinks.
It will probably sellout or close to it. But yes it’s going to be largely the same show as last time with 3 new songs
This is probably the reason (and the fact that they're playing the same festival twice on the same tour), but there is plenty of time for that.

Last edited:
New stage props? Only for the new songs imo.

Bruce using a Japanese sword - he is already busy with Trooper Eddie, so he will need another sword for Senjutsu Eddie.

Nicko playing some taiko drums - if it happens, it will be during the album tour, methinks.

I was just being sarcastic about what those surprises they talk about could really be. ;)

I have fear, regarding upcoming tour. Maiden boys may be very rusty after a such long break. My biggest fear is Bruce's vocal performance. I hope all will be well.
Side note. Bruce often repeats, that they will not retire. Or will retire, when not giving 100% on the stage. Here's a thought... Sickness aside, They will not see, when is the time to retire as many other bands do, because such is a human nature, you want to carry on as long as you physically can. Yes, bands accommodate themselves performance wise, but often they look like pale shadows of themselves. Example: to me Priest live is under big question already. There's no original guitarists and Rob's glory days are in the past. Yes, Faulkner brings energy, but he's not 'original'. In other words, how long fans can accept lineup changes in the band. Example: UFO, Accept and many others. Fans accept changes, because they too are humans and are emotionally attached to favourite bands. And many of them not see when is the time for their favourite band to retire. My main thought here is 'you will not see, when is the time to hang it up'. Changes are slow and incremental, until you hit the wall. (Ozzy)
(I don't want them to retire)

Edit: i wrote my thoughts down, and - Voilà -, another example Bon Jovi can't sing

Last edited:
I have fear, regarding upcoming tour. Maiden boys may be very rusty after such long break. My biggest fear is Bruce's vocal performance. I hope all will be well.
Side note. Bruce often repeats, that they will not retire. Or will retire, when not giving 100% on the stage. Here's a thought... Sickness aside, They will not see, when is the time to retire as many other bands do, because such is a human nature, you want to carry on as long as you physically can. Yes, bands accomodate themselves performance wise, but often they look like pale shadows of themselves. Example: to me Priest live is under big question already. There's no original guitarists and Rob's glory days are in the past. Yes, Faulkner brings energy, but he's not 'original'. In other words, how long fans can accept lineup changes in the band. Example: UFO and many others. Fans accept changes, because they too are humans and are emotionally attached to favorite bands. And many of them not see when is the time for their favorite band to retire. My main thought here 'you will not see, when is the time to hang it up'. Changes are slow and incremental, until you hit the wall. (Ozzy)
(I don't want them to retire)

Edit: i wrote my thoughts, and voila, another example Bon Jovi can't sing

I share your concerns.

I'm definitely curious to hear how Bruce sounds after a few years of downtime. He was pretty rough throughout 2019 after being in great shape vocally for all of 2018 which makes it hard to predict how things go this time round. The acapella performances from his one-man show have been wildly hit-and-miss, with honestly a lot more misses as far as staying in key goes. But at least with Maiden he has guitars to orient himself to. Which then again won't help if he's just straining all the time and barely hitting the high notes like in 2019.

what btw do you folks think about their recording future? I think there's one more album to come at maximum, if at all, but that's it.
time will go by, and as they plan touring on Senjutsu and then later perhaps release one more studio album, Nicko would be somewhat at least 75 years old or so.

Trying to sing your best after talking for 2+ hours every night probably isn’t the best idea. I think Bruce will be fine if he can stay healthy. Remember his system has been compromised by his cancer treatments so it’s easier for him to get sick.

Maiden has always had musical integrity IMO. I think if someone feels they can’t cut it anymore they will step aside or maybe the band might just retire. Didn’t Nicko say he would want the band to continue if he could not? Maiden likely would not continue without Bruce and certainly not without Steve.

As for Priest I saw them last month and they were great. Rob still has it, though certainly past his prime. Richie is really good - they still sound like Priest, which is what matters the most.

They should swallow their pride and tune down a whole step to accommodate Bruce but I'm sure he'd view that as some sort of 'defeat' and would rather carry on straining.
this will never happen, though it would be a very good and even logical idea. but the Maiden history is full of irrationalities. to name a few: hiring Blaze, having three guitars but never using their potential, swapping guitar solos around each other. I'm sure a lot more would come to my mind, but I'm off for work now.

I'm definitely curious to hear how Bruce sounds after a few years of downtime. He was pretty rough throughout 2019 after being in great shape vocally for all of 2018 which makes it hard to predict how things go this time round. The acapella performances from his one-man show have been wildly hit-and-miss, with honestly a lot more misses as far as staying in key goes. But at least with Maiden he has guitars to orient himself to. Which then again won't help if he's just straining all the time and barely hitting the high notes like in 2019.

My thoughts exactly. Bruce was superb when I last saw Maiden at the O2 in London in 2018, but his singing in 2019 was definitely not on par with that during the first leg of the tour.

Here’s hoping he’ll be singing great this year. Fingers crossed!

Off topic, has anyone seen videos of the latest Bon Jovi gigs? They have tuned down and Jon Bon Jovi's voice still sounds completely shot! I'm optimistic about Bruce sounding good on tour but you never know.

That was one of the better ones. You've got a strong constitution if you can make it to the end of this absolute garbage heap.

Last edited:
Bruce was great in Gyor last November. Singing one night Purple's tunes is not the same as touring with Maiden but I wouldn't worry too much.

True, but I’d say that singing Deep Purple songs is much better suited to his current vocal capabilities than Maiden’s classic material (i.e., not so many high notes, more space to breathe, etc.).

Off topic, has anyone seen videos of the latest Bon Jovi gigs? They have tuned down and Jon Bon Jovi's voice still sounds completely shot! I'm optimistic about Bruce sounding good on tour but you never know.

Well you know, soft, airy throaty singing will only last you that long.... In Bon Jovi's case, 15-20 years and after that, bye bye.

Yay, this week I went to my first concert this year! I begin to believe that everything will take place.

And last night I really dreamed about Iron Maiden playing Senjutsu here. It was awesome, haha.
1650018407568.jpeg
But something always goes wrong when you least expect it... Maybe I should stop thinking about it.

I read again an old interview in the German magazine “Classic Rock” about the Legacy tour.
My translation:
“I never would have predicted that I would be playing guitar under a Spitfire”, beams Dave Murray as the band comes off stage, ready to do it again in a few days. We believe you, Dave. How can you ever top that? “There's always something you can do“, Steve interjects, unflinching as ever. “When you get to my age, there's always a bucket list. There are personal things and things with the band on it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back