Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Well anyway, he thanked everybody: his ex-wife, many ex Maiden members he reconnected with recently and crew members his many mates, but only one guy from British Lion.

The Guitar Solo ''Walking On Glass'' played live during Somewhere On Tour 1986/1987 is amazing and so fitting for this album/tour - I would love something like that with the Three Amigos.

* the only Guitar Solo that was part from a whole tour!

Some curious things:

1:40-1:44 -> lick of Dave's The Prophecy solo.
1:02-1:05 -> lick of Adrian's HCW solo.
1:16 -> lick of Adrian's CSIT solo (ROTAM live from Flight 666 too).

The Guitar Solo ''Walking On Glass'' played live during Somewhere On Tour 1986/1987 is amazing and so fitting for this album/tour - I would love something like that with the Three Amigos.

* the only Guitar Solo that was part from a whole tour!

Some curious things:

1:40-1:44 -> lick of Dave's The Prophecy solo.
1:02-1:05 -> lick of Adrian's HCW solo.
1:16 -> lick of Adrian's CSIT solo (ROTAM live from Flight 666 too).

A nice reminder of how amazing Dave Murray was at his best, great sound and phenomenal style and playing.

Well anyway, he thanked everybody: his ex-wife, many ex Maiden members he reconnected with recently and crew members his many mates, but only one guy from British Lion.
I wonder why he left out Dennis Stratton though. I seem to remember a not too old photo with both happily on it?

I'm not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but I can't think of anywhere else to put it, plus we're talking about Steve's thanks list and he's mentioned on that.

I was flicking through the channels recently and comedy central had one of these programmes on, where they show clips and then various z-list celebrities comment on them, I can't remember what the topic of the show was, but it was similar to one of those "100 funniest football moments" etc.

Anyway long story short, Tony Moore was on it as one of the z-listers commenting, creditted as "Tony Moore Iron Maiden/Cutting Crew".

Last edited:
I think this is a real thank list: I mean, he names the people who really gave him an hand recently for some reason. I guess this is why some appear, while others, who are true mates, don't. Dennis Stratton and him are in rather close contact. It's looking like he wants to be in peace with his past.

Janick initially played the intro of ''The Time Machine'' with an acoustic guitar, but decided that with the Strat it sounds better. He loves ''Hell On Earth''.

Adrian used his Double neck guitar for ''Darkest Hour'' - I really hope they will play it live even more now.

Thanks for sharing.
The intro of Hell On Earth also sounds like 12 string, so I think the double neck was also used for that.

H also confirms what I suspected about Days of Future Past's riff, the A's are played on the low E, not open. My musical ear must finally be getting better. :lol:

Thanks for sharing! What a coincidence - earlier today I wondered what's the story behind Janick's Epiphone and here it is. Nice interview, but too bad they didn't go into more detail.

Back