Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Which is very interesting. If I'm not mistaken it's also the first time that an acoustic bass is used while the guitars switch to distortion. In BOTWH and TRATB the bass is used for the intro (and outro of the latter), in The Clansman it's used while clean guitars are playing. DOTC uses it during clean and distorted parts. Has a very interesting sound and I like the experimentation.

Does anyone watch Hunter Bolding? It's a pretty good channel and he's been reviewing all the Maiden albums. Anyway here's his Senjutsu boxset unboxing.

I think the highs on TBOS are higher than the highs on Senjutsu and that is why I probably rank the former higher than the current album.
At the moment I would say that WOTW is on par with If Eternity Should Fail and Book of Souls and Hell On Earth is very close.

Time will tell how I much like Senjutsu. I think it's worth mentioning that my opinion on TBOS hasn't really changed at all. That's not the case with The Final Frontier.

I'm happy to see that most people love the new album, hope it grows on me as well. It is a very good album, but for me it has a critical flaw: It never ventures out of mid tempo! I mean, on first listen, I was waiting for the explosive part of the title track or DOTC, or HOE to come and.... It never did. Book of souls had a couple of inferior songs, but during the title tracks instrumental section the band sounds like they're on fire! This new album lacks that explosive element...

I just want to remind everyone that Darkest Hour is not written by Steve but by Adrian and Bruce, and therefore the title is Darkest Hour, not The Darkest Hour.
The funny thing is that the song was named The Darkest Hour in Kevin Shirley's diary. Also, The Parchment was without ''The'', Stratego was written Stratégo and TWOTW was shortened only to The Writing.
Which is very interesting. If I'm not mistaken it's also the first time that an acoustic bass is used while the guitars switch to distortion. In BOTWH and TRATB the bass is used for the intro (and outro of the latter), in The Clansman it's used while clean guitars are playing. DOTC uses it during clean and distorted parts. Has a very interesting sound and I like the experimentation.
Great trivia. :ok:

Music Glue as well, by any chance?
Nahh Juno records and another retailer in Germany. Both were shipped on 1st and 3rd and are here but due to the whorish customs tradition in my city it’s gonna take a while. Prolly another week or two.

Last edited:
Opinions, please:
Are we getting a new live DVD next year? Or Senjutsu Tour Live? (As was it with BOS live chapter)

really looking forward to!

I think the highs on TBOS are higher than the highs on Senjutsu and that is why I probably rank the former higher than the current album.
I agree that the highs are higher on TBOS, but I also feel the lows are lower. I find Senjutsu to be, overall, a more consistent album.

New album is very "audience friendly" and has many good places for the crowd to participate. Playing it full wouldn't be a problem, imo. AMOLAD on the other hand is not so "audience friendly".

Back