Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Adrian's red Gibson, his green Jackson, his white Jackson and a bass guitar can be seen too... (I guess this is from his home studio).

View attachment 14202

This is his jam room in Malibu.

It seems that he has 3 green Jacksons there and 1 white jackson. Also there is the red Slash LP.

The 2 green touring Jacksons (including the prototype, the one with the worn neck (his main guitar) and the Goldtop) reside in UK in his other home studio.

This '62 strat claiming to be formerly owned by Dave has shown up on Reverb. They claim to have "written verification" from Dave that he owns it, but to me it looks as legit as a $3 bill. Based on the pictures, I am not even sure which guitar of his they are claiming it used to be. Certainly not his black Powerslave / Somewhere in Time era '64 strat, although it has the same later day Floyd Rose install.

This '62 strat claiming to be formerly owned by Dave has shown up on Reverb. They claim to have "written verification" from Dave that he owns it, but to me it looks as legit as a $3 bill. Based on the pictures, I am not even sure which guitar of his they are claiming it used to be. Certainly not his black Powerslave / Somewhere in Time era '64 strat, although it has the same later day Floyd Rose install.

Emmm... This is a bit suspicious to me...

Dave has had a vintage rosewood strat yes. But it's a 1964 and is still in IM warehouse and was last seen in 2013. Still in Dave's possesion.

Also, the first guitar Dave had with a Floyd was the electric blue ESP. 64 had a Kahler, but it has been replaced by Floyd since. Also that POM backstage shot, I'm 95% sure that is the '64.

Would never buy this... Too suspicious.

I mean, there's so many reasons why this is almost certainly some sort of scam, but even from checking out the listing and what's been said here, they're very obviously being incredibly misleading on the listing. Even if this guitar was the real deal, it's not "the" guitar or even "a" guitar for Davey like they're making it out to be, rather just another vintage Strat in similar spec to his other ones that he happened to own at some point and quite possibly never even played on stage.

Also... Why doesn't (in the photo) this strat have pickup mounting rings...

That would suggest that it was acquired in the 90's. Before 1986 all Dave's strats had mounting rings.

Hello everybody! Since the beginning of this year, my daughter, 13 years old, decided to study guitar. I signed up for the" circle " of acoustic guitar in the lyceum, for this task I bought an instrument-a Yamaha F310. After working out for a month with "amateur art", I decided to approach this issue more seriously - go to individual classes with a repeater. A tutor was found, and classes continued. At this stage of creative development, i.e. six months later, there was a need to change the acoustics on the train My daughter really liked the tutor, but she wanted to do it herself and thanks to rock guitar tab, she managed to improve her skills.

Last edited:
Just saw that Thommann has one of the limited edition 2MTM Jacksons...

Price... A measly 10k euros.

Found this photo of Adrian and his touring guitars in "1983"(caption says Adrian Smith - with his touring gutiaris on the World Piece Tour at St David's Hall Cardiff Wales UK - 15 May 1983.) but based off the Lados and his outfit I'm reasonably confident its the Cardiff show from October 7th 1984. Nice black Charvel too!

Attachments

• Iron-Maiden-150583-GCH977.jpg
    Iron-Maiden-150583-GCH977.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Janick has that characteristic, very pronounced attack sound when he plays leads. It's noisy, but a really cool kind of noisy. Are we able to tell what factors in?

Janick has that characteristic, very pronounced attack sound when he plays leads. It's noisy, but a really cool kind of noisy. Are we able to tell what factors in?

Hard picks (think Fender celluloid - probably the snappiest attack still), pick angle and overall setup (which is very simple). I think he might hold the pick so that he picks with one of the rounded edges as well - but just a guess for now. He doesn't pick very hard. Adrian is way harder on his strings.

Last edited:
Do we know if this huge mid bump is used as a boost in front of the preamp or after it, simply as EQ?

1631225468886.png

Do we know if this huge mid bump is used as a boost in front of the preamp or after it, simply as EQ?

View attachment 17083
That looks positively antique. But it's almost certainly in front of the pre-amp as that's where you would typically have the EQ. It could also be a solo boost of course but then it would be running a loop.

Back