Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Is there any possible way to make the vocals clearer i have so hard time hearing it on this album. The Writing On The Wall is the only song i can hear it clear.

Rest of the songs Bruce just disapears in the instrumentals. Im kinda confused about this.
Try some eq, boost the mids a bit
Mastering,mixing,production etc is hot trash indeed

I went from 192k mp3->320kb mp3 -> youtube.music-> spotify and still not satisfied from the sound. I got the CD but got no CD player. Does it sound any better?

I went from 192k mp3->320kb mp3 -> youtube.music-> spotify and still not satisfied from the sound. I got the CD but got no CD player. Does it sound any better?
It does sound moderately better. There’s a moment in DOTC where the drums almost sound fake but on CD they don’t.

I have noticed Dave is the only one who hasn't been interviewed at all.
Maybe it's because he has no writing credits in the album. I think he will appear in those ''In The Studio'' videos (if they continue with them). If they release a documentary about the album, we will hear from him for sure.

Maybe it's because he has no writing credits in the album. I think he will appear in those ''In The Studio'' videos (if they continue with them). If they release a documentary about the album, we will hear from him for sure.
It is not clear to me whether the "in the studio" interviews were taken while all the members were still in Paris.

I have noticed Dave is the only one who hasn't been interviewed at all. Nicko was on Chris Jericho's podcast lately (hilarious listen btw), Bruce has been interviewed lots lately obviously, Adrian has been in a couple of videos and talked about WOTW on Planet Rock on Friday, Steve was on the Plaet Rock show, Janick was interviewed for Metal Hammer UK. Does Dave normally do much album promotions nowadays?
Who? This Dave Murray guy sounds made up tbh.

It is not clear to me whether the "in the studio" interviews were taken while all the members were still in Paris.
They are. Bruce is still in crutches. Unless they were filmed this year but made to look as if they were filmed two years ago :lol:

Conclusion: The album cover is one of Maiden's best imo. The Eddie is also one of my favorites. The dark background no longer bothers me, it fits perfectly (better than in TBOS cover).

The artworks in the booklet and for the magazines are also fantastic - I wonder how many of them will be used as a backdrops for the album tour...

Yeah, this is my sentiment as well. I mean, I've been really liking this album so far, it's great and would be a fitting swan song, however the Japanese title/theme comes totally out of nowhere and IMHO doesn't really fit the atmosphere of the tracks. Belshazzar's Feast or something Arthurian would have been much better fit, methinks.
There’s “middle-eastern“ sounding modal stuff in the title track and The Pakrement, so “Belshazzar’s Feast” would have been a fitting title from that perspective as well. But perhaps they wanted the album to be more universal, rather than making it more middle-eastern by choice of title and artwork — enter Senjutsu Japan.

Conclusion: The album cover is one of Maiden's best imo. The Eddie is also one of my favorites. The dark background no longer bothers me, it fits perfectly (better than in TBOS cover).

The artworks in the booklet and for the magazines are also fantastic - I wonder how many of them will be used as a backdrops for the album tour...
On TBOS, Eddie looked like someone who stroke a pose for a passport or an ID card photograph... :innocent:

I made the preorder in July and I've paid 9.99 € for the physical cd and mid price the vinyl. (22,50 €) The Box set was at 51 €.
It was a real bargain. It was an offer just for members of FNAC for one day I think.

Back