Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I made the preorder in July and I've paid 9.99 € for the physical cd and mid price the vinyl. (22,50 €) The Box set was at 51 €.
It was a real bargain. It was an offer just for members of FNAC for one day I think.

:eek::eek::eek:

Bloody 'ell, that is indeed a bargain! I am going to have to fork out nearly £100 for it.

I bought it from germany, can't buy things like that from the UK anymore with brexit, you get hit with a vat bill and then the package is delayed until you pay the vat.

I am sure Bruxit would put the blame on anyone else but Brexiteers.

Conclusion: The album cover is one of Maiden's best imo. The Eddie is also one of my favorites. The dark background no longer bothers me, it fits perfectly (better than in TBOS cover).

The artworks in the booklet and for the magazines are also fantastic - I wonder how many of them will be used as a backdrops for the album tour...
I respectfully disagree. Eddie has grown on me a lot (he's even on my wallpaper now) but I still think it's a travesty that the cover itself is so bland and similar to its predecessor. Both TBoS and Senjutsu deserved better. There are so many possibilities with the visual themes Maiden go for and in both cases the most important piece of artwork is a missed opportunity. And I don't care there are some nice illustrations in the booklet - the cover will forever be the main image associated with the record.

I'm a fan of the cover and consider it a deliberate reference to the previous album. I always felt TBOS was quite weighty, full of bits of human extinction and oblivion, the cover was a stripped back approach in contrast to the very busy cover of TFF. It was like pulling back with the artistic overload and letting the music speak for itself.

I feel Senjutsu is about letting the music speak for itself too, but instead of a wraithlike figure from the past for an Eddie, this one is more defiant, a warrior. I find that's in the mood of the music on this album.

I respectfully disagree. Eddie has grown on me a lot (he's even on my wallpaper now) but I still think it's a travesty that the cover itself is so bland and similar to its predecessor. Both TBoS and Senjutsu deserved better. There are so many possibilities with the visual themes Maiden go for and in both cases the most important piece of artwork is a missed opportunity. And I don't care there are some nice illustrations in the booklet - the cover will forever be the main image associated with the record.
It's a marketing decision. They do that because a big Eddie with a black background attracts more attention in a small square in a cellphone screen than beautiful covers with lots of details. Maiden isn't aiming to its fans, but to new people who might get intrigued by that cover when looking for new music in streaming services. Sadly, vinyl isn't a thing anymore nowadays and even CDs are rare, from a marketing point of view it doesn't make sense to create a beautiful cover only for the fans who are already going to buy it either way. It's sad, but at least we have the artwork inside.

I made the preorder in July and I've paid 9.99 € for the physical cd and mid price the vinyl. (22,50 €) The Box set was at 51 €.
It was a real bargain. It was an offer just for members of FNAC for one day I think.
You were really lucky !! o_O If only I had this information in July... :oops:

I'm a fan of the cover and consider it a deliberate reference to the previous album. I always felt TBOS was quite weighty, full of bits of human extinction and oblivion, the cover was a stripped back approach in contrast to the very busy cover of TFF. It was like pulling back with the artistic overload and letting the music speak for itself.

I feel Senjutsu is about letting the music speak for itself too, but instead of a wraithlike figure from the past for an Eddie, this one is more defiant, a warrior. I find that's in the mood of the music on this album.
That plus I think they are making a distinction that TBOS and Senjutsu represent a new period of Maiden’s musical development, much like the stripped back cover of No Prayer represented. Writing credits, lyrical topics, album flow are all quite different from the other reunion albums.

It's a marketing decision. They do that because a big Eddie with a black background attracts more attention in a small square in a cellphone screen than beautiful covers with lots of details. Maiden isn't aiming to its fans, but to new people who might get intrigued by that cover when looking for new music in streaming services.
It's a good point, but I'm still not convinced. The cover of Ghost's Meliora was designed that way for this exact reason and it's still something interesting. It's a matter of creativity and aesthetic sense.

It's a good point, but I'm still not convinced. The cover of Ghost's Meliora was designed that way for this exact reason and it's still something interesting. It's a matter of creativity and aesthetic sense.

Meliora is a great album cover.

Mine arrived too, along with the boxset, red lp and the book case.

Lenticular is way cooler than I expected, definitely worth £6.66 for anyone in the UK who hasn't bought a copy yet and hates Drake.

Yeah, mine was £26 shipped but I don't care. (Still is in the Swedish EMP-shop.)

Try some eq, boost the mids a bit
Mastering,mixing,production etc is hot trash indeed
CD is the same im playing on a stereo built for Iron Maiden. The sound is ofcorse really good. But Bruce keeps fading.

If you listen to the track Senjutsu around 4 min in, its allmost impossible to hear what he says. And its like that on all platforms i hear.

Back