Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

It seems that I'm the one here who didn't pre-order the album... I always prefer to buy CD's or vinyls in my usual record store the day when they are released, 'cause of the problems with the shippings. The new Maiden is no exception...
Nope, you're not the only one. I share the same strong principles. Usually, there is no delivery delay, when going to your local record store. Knock on wood. :)

I've been a Maiden-fan since 1988 and never had the urge to own more than one copy of every release. I see that a lot of people here order 2-4 copies of Senjutsu. Why? What is the benefit? Am I not normal? ;)
I also ordered just triple black LP version. That's more than enough, why should I order every version. I don't print money and there's other music I buy, not just Maiden.

Yeah, never understood the desire for leaks anyway. The I'M SO EXCITED, CAN'T WAIT factor is what makes getting to it on a release day (right at midnight, even) so great.

A lot of people in this world want the music for free and sooner than they are supposed to as well. Geez.

Vinyl sales are up 108% the first half of 2021, and has been steadily on the rise for many years. I think Maiden are going to make a hefty sum from their physical media sales.

To those of you who won't listen in advance, are there times when the wait is making you go nuts and you just want to here it RIGHT NOW so very bad?
No, mainly because I have other things to busy myself with. I'm trying to read a couple of books, study for my exams, and listen to a few other bands' discographies. Oh, and I'm learning Japanese, too.

I've been a Maiden-fan since 1988 and never had the urge to own more than one copy of every release. I see that a lot of people here order 2-4 copies of Senjutsu. Why? What is the benefit? Am I not normal? ;)
Up to X Factor I have the albums as both vinyl and cd. That's because I didn't have a way to play lp's for years. After that I have only cd's, but from now on I'll buy vinyls again.

Last edited:
You're forgetting that Iron Maiden fans aren't Tool fans or Yes fans. The reason why basically nobody is bored when Maiden play The Red and the Black or even Seventh Son is because the songs are usually sandwiched between shorter or more universally recognizeable tracks.
What a load of bollocks.

That might be how you feel, and sure there will be other people who feel that way too, but that's just your opinion and you only speak for yourself, not for anyone else.

If you're "bored" listening to Maiden tracks, then what the fuck are you doing at a concert?

God bless the internet for these expert insights. Fuck me.

Most people say the sound is bad, not only here, but in other sites/forums/fb post etc. But the band loves it. Isn'it strange?

Personally, I think the sound is more clear than before and also the drums sound lovely (the kick drum is very organic sounding) but the final product is a little anemic.

I wonder if the band is checking the people's comments and try to mix the album differently, that is why maybe they release a single earlier...

So, is there gonna be a different sound on the final product?

Back