Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I'd be interested in them playing the full album.

At the same time, if their only date in the UK is a festival again, is it likely? Your average festival-goer is going to have far more misgivings about it than I do.

I doubt it will happen for festivals, even AMOLAD didn't.

The Evil That Men Do was played on several legacy tours and the other two are, uh, not classics that the band would play.

Worth noting that Somewhere in Time is the least played classic era album - songs from that which aren't Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are truly rare, if they ever happened.

Only thing I can think of apart from SIT tour, is five dates they played SIASL on the Ed Hunter tour.

Reactions: jcv
2025 will be their 50th anniversary and probably will be marked with a Hits tour. This could be right after the tour for Senjutsu (2022-2023)... but what about 2024?

2024 hmm let’s think. How about another secret visit to Guillaume Tell? ;)

Reactions: jcv
It's the third or fourth interview where Bruce talks about playing the whole album live. I'm starting to think he is serious about it.
He also said again that they might play TWOTW and maybe one other song during LOTB Part 3 next year:

''But now that we've put this album out, we might play 'The Writing on the Wall' and maybe one other (as part of the Legacy of the Beast set). We're not going to lose the Spitfire, the flame throwers and Icarus and all that, because that's what they paid their money to see - and frankly, that's what we want to do''.

Go back to the DoD tour approach and book five shows at a theater in NYC or something. That makes a lot of sense honestly. No need to do a 2 year tour playing all of the new album to audiences that haven’t heard it or aren’t interested in hearing it. Throw in a few mega deep cuts in the encore and I’m there.
Please don’t remind me about the DoD US “tour”. NY and LA, that was it. I was so pissed, lol.

He also said again that they might play TWOTW and maybe one other song during LOTB Part 3 next year:

''But now that we've put this album out, we might play 'The Writing on the Wall' and maybe one other (as part of the Legacy of the Beast set). We're not going to lose the Spitfire, the flame throwers and Icarus and all that, because that's what they paid their money to see - and frankly, that's what we want to do''.
Senjutsu and The Writing on the Wall

At least that's what he said at one of the spoken shows he did recently.

Senjutsu and The Writing on the Wall

At least that's what he said at one of the spoken shows he did recently.
I want the title track's debut to be during the album tour. I will be fine with only TWOTW.

I'm guess a lot more reviews, interviews and long studio videos will appear after the release of the album.

Still waiting for ''In The Studio Part III'' with Nicko, Janick and Dave. I would love to hear Adrian's discussing all of his solos in the album too.

Back