Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

After spending some more time with the track I take back what I said about the solo. It fits quite well and is not that weak, though could be better :D.
It sounds like something from FOTD, and I don't mind that at all. I'm still grasping for what the chorus reminds me of. Not Maiden or even metal I think, it's some other song from way back.

And after hearing both singles I'm sure it will be the best sounding album of the 2000s. Both musically and production-wise. Even between these two songs they just sound more inspired.

It sounds like something from FOTD, and I don't mind that at all. I'm still grasping for what the chorus reminds me of. Not Maiden or even metal I think, it's some other song from way back.
Yeah, we know that melody, but where the hell is it from?

I do think he nailed it with the solo. I do hear that his solos are pretty much similar to his past stuff but it actually synchs in well with the mood and melody of the track. It is a bit of a dark song and I think his solos actually fit these dark mood songs well. His solo sounds very similar to that of ghost of the navigator.

I think Jan’s solo works well in this song but I cannot help feeling he is a one-trick pony when it comes to guitar leads.

No disrespect to him; I think he is a much more accomplished songwriter than Dave Murray and Maiden do indeed benefit from having him as a member.

I notice the place starts to die down around this time. Am I the only one in the US?
No, there are plenty of U.S. and Canadian folks, and at least one regular contributor from Mexico. But the Eurasians do go to bed in the late afternoon / early evening our time.

Didn’t he say he already had the tumor when they were recoding TBOS? I remember him saying he wanted to finish the recording and not having it looked at because he was afraid they wouldn’t let him finish.
I think he said in his book that he first went to a doctor in Paris during the recording of TBOS.

But his singing in Stratego doesn't sound like the Bruce we heard on TWOTW either. Maybe Stratego just successfully avoids making his voice sound strained, shorter notes etc. It does remind me of some of the vocals in BNW tracks.

I notice the place starts to die down around this time. Am I the only one in the US?

nope. U.S here- I know of a few others, but they might post from work mostly.
It does die around this time as the euro folks go to bed- but it is fun to wake up to pages and pages of activity lol.

It’s like they get an early start in the maiden offices, they clock in and get the coffee going.

Back