Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I am absolutely against the notion that the 80s albums sound better than the re-union albums. The guitars are thinner, you can barely hear the bass drum, and everything is swathed in a lot more reverb. I think Birch is great and I think the 80s albums are classics writing and production wise, but back in 2000 when I heard the first notes of Wicker Man, they had never sounded that powerful before.
Have you heard the original vinyls for the 80s albums?

Ok, so you mean to tell me that the transision from a NOTB song - soundwise- to a modern album doesn't sound like a everyting is tuned down to 60 %.? The organic feel and all is fine. But come on, part of what makes the old albums classic is the sound clarity. And God are the old albums energetic? They do not need - IMO - to play live, just to get the right producer.

Arent Black Triangles CDs?
I’m pretty sure they came in both formats. I had a flac reproduction of the first 7 albums and LAD. At the time I loved them because they were clearer than the 98’ remasters but I still never thought they sounded as full as the reunion albums.

I’m pretty sure they came in both formats. I had a flac reproduction of the first 7 albums and LAD. At the time I loved them because they were clearer than the 98’ remasters but I still never thought they sounded as full as the reunion albums.
You probably had CD rips, its worth checking the vinyls. I have both original CDs, vinyls and digital vinyl dumps. Original Vinyl smokes the CD away. That drum intro on where eagles dare is just SO good on vinyl and Powerslave is probably the best sounding album in terms of audio quality but its one of the worst on CD

You probably had CD rips, its worth checking the vinyls. I have both original CDs, vinyls and digital vinyl dumps. Original Vinyl smokes the CD away. That drum intro on where eagles dare is just SO good on vinyl and Powerslave is probably the best sounding album in terms of audio quality but its one of the worst on CD
That’s possible. A user on this forum sent me a DVD with all the audio on it as MP3 and lossless files. I’ve moved several times since then (this was back in 2010) and I cannot find that disc now.

What would you say is the most noticeable difference between the original vinyl and the remasters?

Am curious as the only original pressing I own is Killers and I don't hear a massive difference between that and the 2015 remaster other than maybe that the original pressing sounds a bit brighter.

Have you all seen the quotes from Bruce about Metallica’s Black Album? He gave it high praise. He also said they couldn’t make an album sound like that because they couldn’t work under total control and would end up firing the producer. So I don’t think it matters who you would get now to produce, the album would sound like what they(Steve) want it to.

If Maiden made an album with a top notch production and crystal clear sound everyone would be ecstatic. It is what most fans have been asking for years (yeah I know someone will come and say «not me», whatever). Listening to the three guitars in all of their glory, having a powerful drum sound......come on it almost makes me want to cry thinking about how the post reunion albums could sound like (with the exact same songs).

Last edited:
Have you all seen the quotes from Bruce about Metallica’s Black Album? He gave it high praise. He also said they couldn’t make an album sound like that because they couldn’t work under total control and would end up firing the producer. So I don’t think it matters who you would get now to produce, the album would sound like what they(Steve) want it to.
Yep, pasted it here earlier, here it is again:

What would you say is the most noticeable difference between the original vinyl and the remasters?

Am curious as the only original pressing I own is Killers and I don't hear a massive difference between that and the 2015 remaster other than maybe that the original pressing sounds a bit brighter.
Do you wanna compare 2015 vinyl with original vinyl or 2015 digital files with original vinyl

12 Days until the Album leaks
Highly unlikely as the numerous albums I've been interested in since TBOS in 2015, have all leaked only 1 day before official release. My money is on no leak until September 2nd. TBOS leaked 7 days early, which you just don't see anymore.

Back