Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I was really hoping for a 'making off' type thing or something from in the studio, but there seems no mention of it anywhere. Really enjoyed the DOD and AMOLAD making off videos. TFF interviews I found a little odd. They all seemed tired or grouchy...Adrian holding back his misgivings about sound and demo vs finished product, Bruce as well seemed a bit...Whateves... If that's not on the cards, I'd take some Shirley diaries

I was really hoping for a 'making off' type thing or something from in the studio, but there seems no mention of it anywhere. Really enjoyed the DOD and AMOLAD making off videos. TFF interviews I found a little odd. They all seemed tired or grouchy...Adrian holding back his misgivings about sound and demo vs finished product, Bruce as well seemed a bit...Whateves... If that's not on the cards, I'd take some Shirley diaries
Yeah, the TFF interviews were like Steve does everything, the others do not really care anyway, Adrian is unhappy about the sound as usual but he is wrong, it's Steve's band at the end of the day, and Kevin does what Steve tells him to do. Bruce can add his own ideas so that he does not leave again. Case closed :)

Yeah, the TFF interviews were like Steve does everything, the others do not really care anyway, Adrian is unhappy about the sound as usual but he is wrong, it's Steve's band at the end of the day, and Kevin does what Steve tells him to do. Bruce can add his own ideas so that he does not leave again. Case closed :)
The sound was pretty horrible, I hope this reply was ironic

As I noticed everything around forthcoming album is left in silence now. Not new interviews so far, promotional activity, apart from Kerrang's cover story. We have only a one month to release date and still no promotion and commercial things weren't done... As I remember TBOS was well promoted in rock media and magazines and now - they haven't done anything with that (so far). It seems to be weird.

The sound was pretty horrible, I hope this reply was ironic
"Adrian came by The Cave for a listen - he thought the tracks sounded good but "a little too much like the band in the studio". He thought more reverb to make them sound more "majestic" and "epic". Steve disagreed strongly. Honestly, they are both right. The thing I personally like about the dry, honest mixes, is that it sets them apart from any other Classic Rock or Metal band. They're not really metal anyway, in the present day sense of the genre, but they're more of a hard progressive rock band. I promised to run some mixes each way and decisions can be made down the road, if necessary."

"Adrian came by The Cave for a listen - he thought the tracks sounded good but "a little too much like the band in the studio". He thought more reverb to make them sound more "majestic" and "epic". Steve disagreed strongly. Honestly, they are both right. The thing I personally like about the dry, honest mixes, is that it sets them apart from any other Classic Rock or Metal band. They're not really metal anyway, in the present day sense of the genre, but they're more of a hard progressive rock band. I promised to run some mixes each way and decisions can be made down the road, if necessary."
I hate the dry sound. But it's still better than the Wall of Guitar sounds that a lot of producers go for - Including on Blaze's War Within Me, and the last Judas Priest.

Well no, Tull won the combined rock/metal grammy, which triggered the separation.

Yes, but Jethro Tull has also won a metal grammy.
That was funny how they were competing against Metallica (and also Iggy Pop, AC/DC and Jane's Addiction), but totally awkward choice as the winner of the Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental. Nothing against Jethro Tull, I have their albums and so..just wrong genre.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcv
CourageousKindlyLadybird-size_restricted.gif

I'm sure it was for the recognition of their 20th anniversary. Metallica cried for that and the organization give them the desired grammy one year later.

I look at Dave Mustaine and he is giving constant updates on the new album. It doesn't really take much to keep the buzz going. A little bit of social media activity from the members where they share some interesting tidbit would have been enough.

I just cannot imagine that H did not hear the final mix and had no input in it. So weird that the rest of the band did not even hear the final version of the album since 2019 and it is now in production.

Back