New Single - The Writing on the Wall

Composer, Lyricist, Writer: Adrian Smith

Composer, Writer: Bruce Dickinson

according to this YouTube description:

Spotify is indeed better! Still not sold on Bruce's vocals, but overall it's good and the music is great.

Second Impression - Fuck yeah, Steve Harris playing some outside-the-box bass stuff during the post-chorus riff! Kind of reminds me of his little runs during the main riff of Book of Souls.
I associate the interplay between the guys and indeed Steve himself with Rush / Geddy Lee. :--)

I am not Forostar but would go with Davey playing the first solo (although the tone is slightly different to what you would expect) and Adrian playing the second one.
I see some negativity about the first solo but I really like it as well. It bursts so exuberantly.

Also do not forget this: the second solo is played over a bigger timeframe, and with a better/more captivating chord progression (Dave plays over 1 chord, mainly - Adrian plays over three chords, mainly; way more room for melodic awesomeness). I'm sure Dave and Janick would have done well in that segment as well.

But this is Adrian's song and he gets the main spot.

I see some negativity about the first solo but I really like it as well. It bursts so exuberantly.
Exactly. It’s a short solo, almost an exclamation point. I love how he slides down the neck atleast three times around licks. And there’s nice vibrato too.

I’ve been trying to pinpoint what makes this track unique and I think it has “swagger” or groove. Perhaps The Legacy has some swagger and gets the hips moving but not many (if any) other Maiden songs do. I guess it’s the western/bluesy feel? Not sure what I’m getting at but this songs is hitting different buttons for Maiden.

Exactly. It’s a short solo, almost an exclamation point. I love how he slides down the neck atleast three times around licks. And there’s nice vibrato too.

I’ve been trying to pinpoint what makes this track unique and I think it has “swagger” or groove. Perhaps The Legacy has some swagger and gets the hips moving but not many (if any) other Maiden songs do. I guess it’s the western/bluesy feel? Not sure what I’m getting at but this songs is hitting different buttons for Maiden.
It has Book of Souls groove but also the chorus has an Out of the Shadows vibe/style.

Also do not forget this: the second solo is played over a bigger timeframe, and with a better/more captivating chord progression (Dave plays over 1 chord, mainly - Adrian plays over three chords, mainly; way more room for melodic awesomeness). I'm sure Dave and Janick would have done well in that segment as well.

But this is Adrian's song and he gets the main spot.

There was no negativity whatsoever in my original message.

There is a little bit of Mother Russia, and a little bit of The Book of Souls on this track, while being a new direction for them.. Maiden have a way of sounding different yet very familiar at the same time.
That's one of the many things I appreciate about Maiden; that ability to walk the line between something new and something familiar is something that only the best bands are able to achieve.

I think I've listened to it for about 30 times since yesterday . The song is different but it's amazing imo . I loved it . And after the chorus on the instrumental i already can see janick dancing to the rythm on a live show heheh

You guys where right, The song sounds so much better on Spotify.
Nice to hear them doing something different. Probably my favourite single since The Wicker Man.

The riff that starts around 0:51 reminds me a little bit of the song Drifter.

Back