New Single - The Writing on the Wall

El Dorado was worse than this and I'll even say so was Speed Of Light and Different World. Even Wildest Dreams and Wicker Man were run of the mill. This is just a little different and I like it. Hopefully the album blows us both away.
The Wicker Man was awesome, speed of light not great not terrible, el dorado was more casual again not great not terrible, wildest dreams and different world were down horrendous

The Wicker Man was awesome, speed of light not great not terrible, el dorado was more casual again not great not terrible, wildest dreams and different world were down horrendous
The Wicker Man is a very tight, getting to the point Maiden song. I recognize that. But this is their seventeenth studio album. They're in their sixties with Nicko pushing seventy. There is no way in hell I would expect these guys to put out BNW 2.0 at this point and everyone got that hint with Book of Souls. As a matter of fact, we're fortunate they're even making music let alone trying to make it interesting and compelling.

You can have great metal with Maiden elements without sounding like this...thing that Maiden unleashed upon us yesterday.
Sounding like what? It's a Maiden song. They've done much worse than this. Remember Wasting Love? Remember the entire shitfest that was No Prayer For The Dying? Remember Weekend Warriors? Remember The Angle and The Gambler? Like come on. It's the slow song on the album and it does it better than most.

Sounding like what? It's a Maiden song. They've done much worse than this. Remember Wasting Love? Remember the entire shitfest that was No Prayer For The Dying? Remember Weekend Warriors? Remember The Angle and The Gambler? Like come on. It's the slow song on the album and it does it better than most.
The angel and the gambler was a good song imo, tasty keyboard, nice solo.
Wasting Love is one of the top songs on FOTD

Sometimes how I view a song can change based on how it fits into album. It’s not a conscious choice, but one of those things where a song you didn’t like can fit so perfectly on an album that you come to appreciate it more. I’m curious what surrounds this song on the album.

Reactions: jcv
Just watched the video again. When the man gets turned into some kind of beast it reminds me of the story in Daniel Ch 4. This is when King Nebuchadnezzer becomes like a beast for 7 years. Maybe this is what the poster clue “man or beast” is alluding to?

Such an anthemic chorus from Bruce. Apocalyptic and inspiring and hopeful all at once.

I can’t help categorising the song alongside Coming Home, Out of the Shadows and Man of Sorrows perhaps because of the acoustic guitar and tempo…in comparison The Writing on the Wall sounds immense and epic.

Can you see them riding!!!! Can you see them riding!!!

Love the music vid. It’s like a short film.

Just watched the video again. When the man gets turned into some kind of beast it reminds me of the story in Daniel Ch 4. This is when King Nebuchadnezzer becomes like a beast for 7 years. Maybe this is what the poster clue “man or beast” is alluding to?
That's what I was thinking. Still wondering where Live Forever and Heaven or Hell factors in though, I guess that might be 'to be continued'?

Also #6 trending video on YouTube and over 1,000,000 views nine hours after release. Good shit, Maiden.

Back