Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Is the samurai Eddie the one that will be on the album cover? I don't think we've had one of those before (maybe on a single or something?) so it could be cool.

Best I can do is this:

main_9a430-maiden-japan.jpg

So yeah, a samurai Eddie could follow on nicely from the 'ancient civilizations' aesthetic started with TBOS.

1. Is the samurai Eddie the one that will be on the album cover? I don't think we've had one of those before (maybe on a single or something?) so it could be cool.
The first thing I thought of was the Eddie from this statue. (I think he was on a poster & tour shirt too.) I was wrong. Ha.

Attachments

• D9BB0F7B-58E6-4AEB-A48C-03769F8E8170.jpeg
    D9BB0F7B-58E6-4AEB-A48C-03769F8E8170.jpeg
    968.9 KB · Views: 23
I get what you mean about it being the single, and I'll move over to that thread for further discussion, but the single is a part of the album, so it doesn't seem inappropriate here. But I respect the preference to move the discussion to a focused thread.
In the context of the album, that's fine - but the breakdown of lyrics/video etc would gum this up as we expect more real album news.

"Performed by Iron Maiden"?
So I have two thoughts from the video:

2. Is there some significance to death, war, plague, famine? This is a pretty overt reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which are also represented by four motorcycle-riding Eddies in the video - the riders on the storm that the lyrics sing of perhaps...? Could the album's title and artwork play into aspects of the Book of Revelation?
Everything of that is a reference to Judas Priest! The motorcycles, the four horseman (Nostradamus) ;-)

2. Is there some significance to death, war, plague, famine? This is a pretty overt reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which are also represented by four motorcycle-riding Eddies in the video - the riders on the storm that the lyrics sing of perhaps...? Could the album's title and artwork play into aspects of the Book of Revelation?
Don't forget that there was once a fifth horseman, Kaos, but he left them before they were famous because of artistic disagreements. He is now known as Ronnie Soak, a very successful dairy products merchant.

"In BlinkInk director Nicos Livesey, another long-time Maiden fan & kindred spirit, they found a man who shared the collective vision for the track – resulting in the final film which features the very first glimpse of a stunning new incarnation of Eddie."

So the samurai Eddie? That's the Eddie for the album? Not sure there will be any more references to Belshazzar or Babylon on the album then, or am I over analyzing things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back