Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would like a Bruce solo album of the calibre of The Chemical Wedding, with Adrian Smith being involved, that ship sailed in 1999. If we ever get a new solo album from Bruce (and that is a big if), it would be a collaboration with Roy Z with some session musicians, like Tyranny of Souls.

I think we will get some sort of Maiden album announcement.
Imo, Tyranny of Souls lacks very much in guitar department. One guitarist is not enough :( Actually, not only in guitar department, ideas wise album is subpar. Best song Kill Devil Hill. That calm section is godly, very TCW style.

It's kind of funny how a lot of these things were literally staring people in the face for weeks now and it took until Bruce basically told people about it for anyone to take notice. Assuming this really is building up to an album reveal (which, well, with the IM17 thing and FC magazine issue #117 is probably the logical conclusion if they're not just screwing with people or starting a more extended goose chase), I'll bet the guys at management were getting really frustrated how their ingenious album teases were being completely ignored by the normally overanalytical Maiden fanbase.

It's kind of funny how a lot of these things were literally staring people in the face for weeks now and it took until Bruce basically told people about it for anyone to take notice. Assuming this really is building up to an album reveal (which, well, with the IM17 thing and FC magazine issue #117 is probably the logical conclusion if they're not just screwing with people or starting a more extended goose chase), I'll bet the guys at management were getting really frustrated how their ingenious album teases were being completely ignored by the normally overanalytical Maiden fanbase.
Out of curiosity - what things exactly?

Just had an email back!

"You have knocked and we have been summoned.
You hunger and soon you will feast.
Ascension assured to the patient.
Be you a man or be you a beast.

We of the brotherhood are watching.
On our marks you'll need to get set.
The Fire of Belshazzar is coming.
What three words, we'll signal but not yet."

Just had an email back!

"You have knocked and we have been summoned.
You hunger and soon you will feast.
Ascension assured to the patient.
Be you a man or be you a beast.

We of the brotherhood are watching.
On our marks you'll need to get set.
The Fire of Belshazzar is coming.
What three words, we'll signal but not yet."
Sounds like a verse of a song...

Last edited:
Concept album about the fall of Babylon would be interesting.
Babylon or Neo-Banylonian Empire? As I once wrote (before losing it in a later edit from the book I have written about empires):

"The first half of the seventh century BCE was the apex of Assyrian power, until it was weekend internally by weak dynastic successions, and was ultimately defeated by an alliance between Medes (and ancient Persian peoples) and Babylon defeated the Assyrian Empire at the battles of Nippur (616 BCE) and Arrapha (615 BCE).

Babylon, a city state based in southern Mesopotamia (contemporary Iraq) was an ancient Akkadian speaking culture, from which its neighbours to the north, the Assyrians, had also derived. Babylon had been a small town during the ancient Akkadian Empire of 2335 - 2154 BC, but later broke out on in its own right. Later Babylonians (the Neo-Babylonians), living under Assyrian rule, eventually defeated and overthrew the Assyrian Empire. In 597, King Nebuchandezzar II (605-562 BC) took Jerusalem. The Bible’s Book of Jeremiah documents this sacking. Belshazzar was the last king of the Neo-Babylonians, when Babylon fell to Persian conquest in 539 BC."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back