Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is related to Maiden album and not Bruce solo work or other merchandise - I would say that this will be announcement + artwork + maybe 10 - 30 seconds of song. But that is big if - at this point in time this can be anything. Given current situation I think that scenario will be close to this (Again, if this is about new album and not beer/fast food brand):
1) Announcement with artwork.
2) Teasing in interviews
3) Teasing LotB tour changes (well... there will be a new song and you will be happy!)

This is brilliant... but I'm still stumped by 'we rate dogs' and Number of the Beast!

Exciting times are here again, thank Belshazzar.

By the way, the only time I've heard Bruce reference 'Belshazzar' was way back in a 1996 printed interview in Kerrang or Metal Hammer, I forget which one. He jokingly mocked Dr Who fans by saying they "even know who Belshas of Belshazzar's left tit is". He was just making up names to make his point about nerdy fans, and it has nothing to do with this of course, but funny that the name has been in Bruce's mind.

Which outcome would you prefer?

1. New Maiden album announcement.
2. New Bruce album announcement. (In the caliber of The Chemical Wedding, Adrian involved too)

l would choose option two, simply because we already know that the new Maiden album is in the can, and will be released sooner or later. Bruce's on the other hand, is way more unlikely. I mean, if Adrian would be involved and new music would be as much interesting and great as TCW, give me it any day of the week. :edmetal:

Last edited:
Which outcome would you prefer?

1. New Maiden album anouncement.
2. New Bruce album anouncement. (In the caliber of The Chemical Wedding, Adrian involved too)

l would choose option two, simply because we already know that the new Maiden album is in the can, and will be released sooner or later. Bruce's on the other hand, is way more unlikely. I mean, if Adrian would be involved and new music would be as much interesting and great as TCW, give me it any day of the week. :edmetal:
Option One.

I like Bruce's solo career but it never changed my world like Iron Maiden. Bruce only has a solo career because of Maiden and on balance it is really inconsistent. Besides, I'm only emotionally invested in the next steps of the Iron Maiden saga.

although as already mentioned by others, the biblical connection has Bruce written all over it, if Belshazzer's Feast/Writing on the Wall is a Bruce penned title track, it will only be the third after Powerslave and Brave New World.

What do you reckon happens on 15th July?

Album announcement/tracklisting artwork reveal?
Single/Video release?
Album release?

I reckon the first, way too soon for an album release for presales etc., possibility of it being a video of a track though.
I think: album announcement and tracklist/artwork reveal + a video for the new single... (I doubt about the release of the whole album).

Maybe short interviews with the band members and announcing that the new single will be played during LOTB Part 3 next year - after the tour, release of the album and start of the album tour near the end of 2022.
although as already mentioned by others, the biblical connection has Bruce written all over it, if Belshazzer's Feast/Writing on the Wall is a Bruce penned title track, it will only be the third after Powerslave and Brave New World.
I don't think any of the two titles sounds Maidenish for a title track/name of the album.

I don't think any of the two titles sounds Maidenish for a title track/name of the album.

I kind of think that way about every new track list, except for any The ______ named songs :lol:

I like Belshazzer's Feast more than Writing on the Wall as a title, and like the stoner looking artwork, has the vibe of the Final Frontier promo artworks in that they went with something quite unusal, hopefully the keep this vibe for main artwork too, although Eddie must feature of course

I've been apathetic to a new Maiden album for years, since we just never heard anything. Feels good to be excited for once, even though this is just potentially it.

I can hardly wait this is getting so interesting. I feel sorry for them already, because the album has been done and recorded but that horrible COVID-19 came out and everything turned to uncertain state.
At last something to wait and look for..I haven't been this excited for while concerning anything but sure, this is Maiden of course we're talking about.
Keep up with the thread, post anything worthwhile here to keep this one alive.

I thought that too. Maybe one of Bruce's solo songs that Steve heard and wanted for Maiden again?
Yep, my thought too. Steve may have pilfered some of Bruce's solo album ideas and asked him to keep them for Maiden,
like If Eternity Should Fail. and then the song titles/themes lent themselves to the imagery for the album...cue artwork/style ideas. Give me old school biblical imagery aka Gustave Dore etching style, pure Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back