Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Anybody knows if Bruce could finish the Truants race? It seems that Rod keep it secretly too.

Edited message to cater for all options:

Decimal point version (using commas to separate thousands):

It should be said that prior to this year's charity event the Heavy Metal Truants had already raised over £800,000 for charity, meaning that this year's money raised with Bruce's help would be over £200,000. The headline can be misleading.

Decimal comma version (using points to separate thousands):

It should be said that prior to this year's charity event the Heavy Metal Truants had already raised over £800.000 for charity, meaning that this year's money raised with Bruce's help would be over £200.000. The headline can be misleading.

Space version (using spaces to separate thousands):

It should be said that prior to this year's charity event the Heavy Metal Truants had already raised over £800 000 for charity, meaning that this year's money raised with Bruce's help would be over £200 000. The headline can be misleading.

Last edited:

It should be said that prior to this year's charity event the Heavy Metal Truants had already raised over £800000 for charity, meaning that this year's money raised with Bruce's help would be over £200000. The headline can be misleading.
Punctuate your numbers, you madman

Thanks for the info. Official Maiden website didn't say a word about it during and after the bike race or whatever. Why is this don't surprising me?

I did not do it so our friends over in the continent do not get confused. What over here is written as £200,000, there would be seen as £200 (with three decimal places). ;)
£200,00 - yes. £200,000 - most probably not, the third zero would ring a bell.

You can always use the universally understood space instead, as in £200 000.

Don’t get me started on that notation. I spent yesterday’s evening going through the proofs of a paper where it had been used leading to ambiguous interpretation of the technical aspects of the work we had done.

Nevertheless, I will edit the original post to cater for all different options.

Last edited:
Don’t get me started on that notation. I spent yesterday’s evening going through the proofs of a paper where it had been used leading to ambiguous interpretation of the technical aspects of the work we had done.

Nevertheless, I will edit the original post to cater for all different options.
You did a great job:
Decimal point version (using commas to separate thousands)
Decimal comma version (using points to separate thousands)
I'm sure nobody would be confused now. :ok:

Back