Megadeth

I don't understand why Megadeth can't headline a f***ing bill. They always co-headline or they are the support band or seconds on the bill…
Because they're not as big and popular as other metal bands like Maiden, Metallica, Scorpions, Black Sabbath(before they retired), Ozzy or even Slayer before they retired.

If they do headline, they would play smaller arenas and theaters.

Damn, what a clusterfuck that is...

I've found out about it from the statements that Ellefson made, actually, from the official Megadeth Twitter account. At first I thought this was the Internet being the Internet - blowing something out of proportion. WTF is "grooming" and "sexually-tinged" anyway?!?! So I wanted to see for myself. The first video is kind of innocent, he waves and blabs something (it was on mute). But then on the second one - WHOOSH - pants off right at the start. I turned it off immediately and from the comments I realized that was only the beginning.

Even if it turns out to be consensual and the girl is not underage, I doubt Mustaine is going to keep him in the band, having his "holier than thou" attitude. Even worse, Ellefson now has this creepy/sleazy aura painted over him that he's NEVER going to wash off. Worst of all, everything I've read and heard about him - he really seemed like a decent good guy. I mean, I've even met him twice and shook his hand and.... oh crap... I just hope that he washes them...

Anyway, the reason I'm here is this:

Why do you mean "I can't jerk online"?
Got nothing better to do....

Even if it turns out to be consensual and the girl is not underage, I doubt Mustaine is going to keep him in the band, having his "holier than thou" attitude. Even worse, Ellefson now has this creepy/sleazy aura painted over him that he's NEVER going to wash off. Worst of all, everything I've read and heard about him - he really seemed like a decent good guy. I mean, I've even met him twice and shook his hand and.... oh crap... I just hope that he

Yeah, and even if it is consensual and not illegal Mustain has got to be worried about the image of the band. Knowing that when somethin glike this happens it falls directly back on him as the leader of the band too. Ellefson could easily be kicked on this reason alone because Mustaine sees no other option.

In that case, Mustaine is even more of an idiot than I've realized. And I've read his book.

Ah lads, if we're talking about consenting adults then it's no issue. Lads in bands do far worse on tour.
No doubt about it. The problem here is that it went public. With tour talk there is always amount of doubt since (in most cases) there is no evidence - only talk. In this case, he really can't deny or twist the story.
Also, the thing that he is pastor, married and has two kids who are older than the girl whom he's been "grooming" adds whole another level of hypocrisy.

It's funny when Dave Mustaine says 'WE' but all we know that word means 'I'.
Anyway I hope it will be temporary but it's a logical decision because the brand Megadeth could be damaged as well. I hope he sues the girl and her friend that shared the video because has been affected to his work and we don't know to his family yet. But it's a big damage.

So Mustaine chose “fake Christian” over “discharge my payload” jokes after all. Interesting.

Kind of an impossible situation for him, to be fair.

Yeah, and even if it is consensual and not illegal Mustain has got to be worried about the image of the band. Knowing that when somethin glike this happens it falls directly back on him as the leader of the band too. Ellefson could easily be kicked on this reason alone because Mustaine sees no other option.
In that case, Mustaine is even more of an idiot than I've realized. And I've read his book.

:D

Ellefson can now hook up with the guy from Iced Earth, Tommy Skeoch and Scott Rockenfield to form The Conveniently Cast Outs. Whether or not Joe Lynn Turner will front it remains unknown at this point.

Musicwise I'm not concerned. My favorite streak of Megadeth albums happened when he was out of the band after all.

I mean, he’s also the only one that matters. Do people really care that much about who’s playing bass in Megadeth? If you’ve stuck with them this long you’re probably ride or die for Mustaine.
Having him in the band is what keeps Megadeth from just being a solo outfit disguised as a band, in my book anyway. Plus, I really like his playing and dislike Mustaine's holier than thou attitude.

I think it would be very difficult for Ellefson to face the band, the crew and the fans because the embarrassment. It's a problem that will follows him forever, but time will repair. I hope.

Back