Adrian Smith

My patience is running out...

I do not agree that their tour is needed before a new album. It is a pandemic for God's fucking sake. People can use a new album, it is more safe, it is more logical than touring first. %×_@%@%×$×$×!$!$!^+

Hearing so long no news, serves no purpose other than to torture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yax
He probably meant the tour will have to go ahead or be cancelled before a new album. But it's anyone's guess.

I just got the vinyl. I ordered the red smoke version because it was cheaper, but there was a standard black inside - Which is good, because the blends sometimes are of lesser quality, resulting in extra clicks (like with my Opeth box set). I would have liked the inner sleeve to not consist of just hard paper, but a standard soft sleeve instead with a separate inlay with the lyrics, so I'm just going to put the vinyl in a different sleeve and slide both into the cover.

> I am tired of Maiden members not releasing any new music!

> This new music from Maiden members is terrible, please no more of this!

> Why can’t Maiden stop releasing beers and books and make some new music instead?

You are all gonna be so relieved when these guys are either retired or dead.

> I am tired of Maiden members not releasing any new music!

> This new music from Maiden members is terrible, please no more of this!

> Why can’t Maiden stop releasing beers and books and make some new music instead?
You are all gonna be so relieved when these guys are either retired or dead.
Rather yourself hehe. No more (or not as much) criticism, although I would not be too sure of it.

Meanwhile let's correct this:
You are all gonna be so relieved when these guys are either retired or dead release an album or tell something about it

Is it just me or does that song remind of something from Balls to Picasso, 1000 Points of Light maybe?

Who is it doing all those wannabe Satriani runs throughout the album? Adrian or Kotzen? I know Satch is one of H's favorite "modern" players, but I can't say I hear much of it in Maiden.

Adrian and Richie swapped signature guitars on their debut album:

RK: ''Towards the end of the recording, I grabbed Adrian’s Jackson a few times''.

AS: ''I tried his rig too. On the song ''Running'', I used his signature Strat with the DiMarzio pickups. I’ve never really got on with the Telecasters, but he gave me one of his signature models, which I haven’t had a chance to get going on yet. So many guitars, so little time…''

Adrian about playing bass guitar: ''The few times I’ve jammed on bass it’s very difficult because you can’t always hear what you’re playing. It’s a boomy bottom-end, it’s like you’re playing in the dark''.

Smith/Kotzen album was nominated by Planet Rock in the category Best British Album:

Adrian Smith: 10 Albums That Changed My Life

The Beatles - Rubber Soul (1965)
Deep Purple - Machine Head (1972)
Free - Free Live! (1971) (live album)
Humble Pie - Performance Rockin' The Fillmore (1971) (live album)
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (1976)
The Who - Who's Next (1971)
King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska (1989)
Joe Satriani - The Extremist (1992)
Steve Ray Vaughan - Texas Food (1983)
Bad Company - Bad Company (1974)

Back